Discussion of Canadian Passenger Rail Services such as AMT (Montreal), Go Transit (Toronto), VIA Rail, and other Canadian Railways and Transit

Moderator: Ken V

How should VIA repaint the F40PH-2s

Repaint them as they were before
21%
Repaint them in the Renaissance (P42) scheme
39%
Choose another colour scheme
11%
Don't care
7%
Other
4%
This poll is stupid
18%
  by Ken V

(on another site) Downbeat wrote:When I visited the MMC in July, the person giving us the tour told us that Via would refurbish the F40s (five at a time) as they've reached the midpoint of their lives.
in response to a question:
Tommy123 wrote:I got a new vialogue today (my dad works for via) I was suprised to find an article that stated via was going to refurbish 1 lrc car, and 1 f40 locomotive. It also said that the Locomotive would have the p42 colors. I just wanted to know if anyone else had heard of this?
The first five will likely be 6400, 6443, 6452, 6454, and 6457 which are now out of service. What do you think VIA should do, or, what would you like to see VIA do?

by Tadman

Hey here's an idea - Via colors and the 1947 Pere Marquette are quite similar - how about suitable altering E7 #101's scheme for a Via F40 along with the P42's while we're at it? PM likely had the best looking E's ever made.

by Ken V

I'm not familiar with the Pere Marquette color schemes. Is this what you're talking about?
Image?
If so, I like it.:-D
Last edited by Ken V on Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by AmtrakFan

I would buy new EMD F59PHI's in the old Pere Marquette Paint.

AmtrakFan

by Tadman

Heck yeah! Great picture, where'd you get that? I can't find PM pics anywhere on the net.

by Ken V

Tadman wrote:Heck yeah! Great picture, where'd you get that? I can't find PM pics anywhere on the net.
This is getting way off topic but anyway...
All I did was Google Pere Marquette E7 101 and it was at one of the first few sites listed. A larger version is here: railwayclassics.com

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

i love the paint scheme of the Renaissance (P42) :-D

by Ken V

This poll is now closed.

How should VIA repaint the F40PH-2s

Repaint them as they were before
23% [ 5 ]
Repaint them in the Renaissance (P42) scheme
42% [ 9 ]
Choose another colour scheme
14% [ 3 ]
Don't care