• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by OCtrainguy

Thanks for the updates today. Any tracking of the train through the overnight would be appreciated.
  by RailsEast

Train moved through Shrewsbury at 0340 hours; not sure if they parked it at Patterson Ave. or went back to Browns.
Chris
  by OCtrainguy

Thanks for the info. The train got back to Browns Yard. I saw the 4423 just east of the yard office mid morning.
  by joesirr

I was reading https://www.njtransit.com/pdf/NJStateRailPlan.pdf;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; page 4-11 and saw this. Maybe has something to do with the work going on?

Preservation of Rail Rights of Way
...In addition, homeland security considerations have raised interest in preserving and reactivating the military rail
network. Over the past several decades, rail abandonments in New Jersey have effectively
severed rail access to major Department of Defense installations in the state, most notably
Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst in Ocean and Burlington counties. Preservation of rail
lines serving the military installations, and recreation of rail access to facilities that have
been cut off from the rail network, is critical to maintaining the viability of these Depart-
ment of Defense facilities and retaining the local employment and economic benefits that
these installations represent
  by NJT4149

Permission to open Church 3:48 PM. Sounds like CSX 4441 is leading
  by RailsEast

CSX 4441, CSX 4423 + 16, appear to be all for Woodhaven. Approaching Eatontown at 4:55 in the pm.....
  by JohnFromJersey

RailsEast wrote:CSX 4441, CSX 4423 + 16, appear to be all for Woodhaven. Approaching Eatontown at 4:55 in the pm.....
Heading towards Farmingdale at 5:55 PM
  by JohnFromJersey

joesirr wrote:I was reading https://www.njtransit.com/pdf/NJStateRailPlan.pdf;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; page 4-11 and saw this. Maybe has something to do with the work going on?

Preservation of Rail Rights of Way
...In addition, homeland security considerations have raised interest in preserving and reactivating the military rail
network. Over the past several decades, rail abandonments in New Jersey have effectively
severed rail access to major Department of Defense installations in the state, most notably
Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst in Ocean and Burlington counties. Preservation of rail
lines serving the military installations, and recreation of rail access to facilities that have
been cut off from the rail network, is critical to maintaining the viability of these Depart-
ment of Defense facilities and retaining the local employment and economic benefits that
these installations represent
Really would be something to see the mile long ordinance trains barreling along the tracks again
  by NJT4149

Did the train go back toward Browns last night? If not, I will try to find them and chase them after school. Being that it is so nice out, I hope they didn't go back; I need an excuse to enjoy this spring-like weather :-D
  by RailsEast

Quick work by the crew last night, train was eastbound through Shrewsbury at 0110 hours (it's frequently 0230-0330). Don't know if they parked it, or returned......
Chris
  by NJT4149

Permission to open Church at 4:28 PM
Lined and locked normal 4:39 PM
  by RailsEast

CSX 4408, CSX 4441 + 15, one tank, 14 Woodhavens through Shrewsbury at 5:35 in the pm.
  by RailsEast

Eastbound through Eatontown at 0330 hours....
  by transit383

CSX 4423, NS 5311, and seventeen cars west through South Amboy at 16:10.