• 2016 Leaf Trains

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by glennk419

Being that the leaves are coming down earlier than normal this year, have the SEPTA leaf trains started or does anyone know when they will start?
  by South Jersey Budd

They start Sunday night (10-23). 2 out of Wayne Electric and 1 out of Overbrook.

With PTC (ACES) cut in on all SEPTA lines except West Trenton, Cynwyd and the main line between Kay and Jenkintown, we may not see a leased NS or WCRR diesel. All 6 SEPTA diesels are on the property and the 53 is not delivered yet.
  by nova08

I saw a leaf train by Conshohocken a week or so ago. Not sure if it was actually spraying. If I remember posts from previous years, don't they do some type of preliminary run.
  by NorthPennLimited

On my way home tonight, SEPTA's new (old) diesel 50 was coupled to a gel train at the south end of Wayne Electric Yard with a bunch of guys in yellow safety vests walking around the train.

It looks like the company that rebuilt 50 did some body work to the long hood. It no longer retains the shape of a SW 1200, and it has a little smoke stack, similar to what you would see on a bull dozer.
  by Broadway

nova08 wrote:I saw a leaf train by Conshohocken a week or so ago. Not sure if it was actually spraying. If I remember posts from previous years, don't they do some type of preliminary run.
They take it out to train crews and let them feel the water sloshing in a half empty tank car when stopping.