• Parking at Delaware SEPTA stations

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by eb684

So I've been reverse commuting to Newark and driving from there to work for the past 3.5 years. Never had an issue. There are signs posted there (and at Churchman's Crossing and Claymont) that no overnight parking is allowed, but this had never been enforced. DART is now enforcing this policy though, as I received a note on my car over the weekend that they will begin towing cars from the lot that are left overnight.

The customer service rep I spoke with at DART explained that it is a liability issue, and that two people called her this morning because their cars have been towed from the Claymont lot. Also, she repeatedly tried convincing me that this doesn't actually affect my ability to use the train (yes it does, I work 9 miles away, am I supposed to just walk?). Apparently, DART is unconcerned about losing some of its, admittedly small, reverse commuting population (there are about 5-10 of us that drive from Newark, for example). I parked in a neighborhood about 8 minutes away walking...we'll see how this works out. Not going to let my monthly trailpass go to waste.
  by rrbluesman

If you travel via Claymont don't park in the lot, park on the Gov. Printz Blvd. Side. I lived in the area for about a year, the parking on that side is not controlled like the lot is and is often used by local residents to park their cars.