• Silverliner Vs Out of Service - Schedule/Service Discussion

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by ExCon90

Silverliner II wrote:
JeffersonLeeEng wrote:According to the local news media coverage, one would think the new fare validation/collection policy for the afternoon peak period is another layer of security theater/"doom and gloom" scenario priority implementation number one. Sigh...
Good grief. We all know it is for no other reason than for crowd control up there... some people read too much into things.
According to reports it seems to be nothing more than what they usually do during a transit strike, and for the same reason -- the trains are too crowded for the conductors to get through the aisles.
  by danquagl

ExCon90 wrote: In peak times there are order runners (still called that--Form D Runner just doesn't sound right) who personally deliver the copies to the crew.
I remember sometimes seeing order runners delivering copies to the engineer on weekend trains. I had always wondered what that was. Cool info.
  by zebrasepta

Broadway wrote:The Frankentrain train - Septa cab car, MARC coaches, and Amtrak loco received 2 more MARC coaches and the other push pull with the MARC cab car received 3 of the MARC coaches.
Either they couldn't get another ACS-64 from Amtrak or they had to increase capacity on those 2 trains
  by Silverliner II

danquagl wrote:
Silverliner II wrote:Nope. This morning, I videoed train 1212 at Curtis Park. They used three of the newly-arrived coaches to expand that trainset from 5 to 8 cars.
I am going to guess the two remaining coaches will expand the other MARC set (with SEPTA cab) from 6 to 8 cars as well.
Thanks. Can't wait to see the video!
So far, this is 3rd in my series of videos showing the leased equipment. Given that SEPTA called for help and got it, a certain Beatles tune got stuck in my head and is the running title for the series...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9g7wOCueIs
  by danquagl

Silverliner II wrote:So far, this is 3rd in my series of videos showing the leased equipment. Given that SEPTA called for help and got it, a certain Beatles tune got stuck in my head and is the running title for the series...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9g7wOCueIs
Ah yeah, I'm 'Danny Quagliariello' on Youtube (commenter), and I pointed that out

Great footage!
  by Silverliner II

Oh, okay!!!
  by zebrasepta

New trains added for service
Lansdale/Doylestown Schedule
ADDED TRAIN Beginning Monday, August 1 (Not listed on the current schedule): A new Train will depart 30th Street at 5:30 p.m. with Express service from Temple University to Glenside and Local service to Lansdale.

Warminster Schedule
ADDED TRAIN Beginning Monday, August 1 (Not listed on the current schedule): A new Train will depart Warminster at 6:58 a.m. with Local service to Center City

Trenton Schedule
ADDED SERVICE for Train #7204 Beginning Monday, August 1 (Not listed on the current schedule): Train #7204 will now originate at Trenton, departing at 6:35 a.m. and make all stops. This Train will still make the scheduled stop at Holmesburg Junction at 7:00 a.m.
  by SCB2525

Anyone know why there was an ACS64 with 3-4 Amfleet coaches sitting on #3 between North Broad and 16th St Jct around 11:30 AM yesterday?
  by glennk419

Were they possibly spinning it for one of the Bryn Mawr locals? It sounds like the consist that they are using for those trains and it would have had a Metroliner cab car on it as well.
  by glennk419

Maybe the storage tracks at Suburban were full of other train sets? Just venturing a guess.
  by danquagl

More changes effective August 8th. Schedules will be posted after 6:00 tonight but here are the changes:
Select Schedule Enhancements Effective
Monday, August 8, 2016
Glenside Combined Schedule
NEW: Train #6413 will depart Warminster Station at 7:03 a.m. with Local service to 30th Street
NEW: Train #6405 will depart Glenside Station at 6:40 a.m. with Local service to 30th Street
NEW: Train #6417 will depart Glenside Station at 8:34 a.m. with Local service to 30th Street
ADJUSTMENT: Train #446 (departing 30th Street at 5:00 p.m.) will operate Express from Temple University to Glenside
ADJUSTMENT: Train #450 (departing 30th Street at 6:00 p.m.) will operate Express from Temple University to Glenside

Lansdale/Doylestown Schedule
ADJUSTMENT: Train #5305 (departing Doylestown at 6:13 a.m.) will operate Express from North Hills to North Broad
NEW: Train #6550 will depart 30th Street at 5:30 p.m. with Express service from North Broad to Glenside Station

Trenton Schedule
ADJUSTEMENT: Train #7204 will depart Trenton Transit Center at 6:35 a.m. with Local service to Center City

Manayunk/Norristown Schedule
ADJUSTMENT: Train #207 (departing Ivy Ridge Station at 8:01 a.m.) will operate Express from Ivy Ridge to Temple University Station

Warminster Schedule
NEW: Train #6413 will depart Warminster Station at 7:03 a.m. with Local service to 30th Street Station
NEW: Train #6405 will depart Glenside Station at 6:40 a.m. with Local service to 30th Street Station
NEW: Train #6417 will depart Glenside Station at 8:34 a.m. with Local service to 30th Street Station
ADJUSTMENT: Train #446 (departing 30th Street at 5:00 p.m.) will operate Express from Temple University to Glenside
ADJUSTMENT: Train #450 (departing 30th Street at 6:00 p.m.) will operate Express from Temple University to Glenside
Last edited by danquagl on Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.