Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by philipmartin

Dick H wrote:For a photo of DV tower in 2010, scroll down to the seventh (7th) and eleventh (11th) photos.
http://www.subchat.com/read.asp?Id=884800" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for the picture. I was wondering what it looked like. I used to hear the operator there on the marine radio when I was working bridges in New Jersey.
  by AlphaOneSix

radioman2001 wrote:There will be numerous buildings demolished with Federal Monies, including MO. How do I know? Was contacted to remove any radio equipment and antenna's we want to keep from lots of locations. Like I said just the start there will be others up and down all the lines in a quote "beautification project".

BTW Where the pictures go, I get an error.

The pics worked for me. They are beautiful photos.
  by Tommy Meehan

Been meaning to post this photo here for some time. It's from just over sixty years ago and shows DV back in 1955. This is from a New York Central Headlight employee magazine. Once upon a time private railroads spent money landscaping various facilities. Back in the early 1900s Erie even landscaped parts of Croxton yard, mostly around the yard office. I saw an article about that in an Erie employee magazine from about the 1920s. As I recall, in addition to other features, they had E-R-I-E spelled out in whitewashed rocks. The employee magazine even published letters from commuters who had admired their gardening efforts at Croxton from passing trains.