• Airport Schedule: (chaos) persists...

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by swampoodle

Rambling thoughts inre: Airport Line schedule effective 12/13/15...

Train numbers confusing. 400 series trains supposed to be Warminster/Airport, or at worst Glenside.

Off-peak Airport trains run local to Jenkintown... SLV announcements: "This is the Warminster Line, making all stops to Jenkintown/Wyncote". Dumb.

At virtually the same time, real Warminster trains originating from Powelton also roll thru Center City: "This is the Warminster Line, etc". Doesn't make local stops.

Monitors very often wrong: Wrong train, wrong track, wrong section etc. "Please notice the change in boarding location", indeed. Now you're on the wrong Warminster train.

Best bet for out-of-towners: Listen for a human Septa employee hollering your train/destination... run like hell. Especially at 30th St... Lol.

The Alvinator cannot/will not say "Jenkintown"... after lo these many months. WHY.

Airport trains originate at Jenkintown on the outbound track, continue to baffle & mystify the traveling public. No coherent/audible/rational plan. Elderly persons with baggage struggle down the ancient stairway through the hobo-urine tunnel at last minute, miss train, and then the next, pulling up on the inbound side.

Disgraceful.
  by roadmaster

There are hobos in Jenkintown?
  by Suburban Station

Good point, it's just a plain old urine tunnel..perhaps as a result of poor station hours
  by Silverliner II

There is signage posted at Jenkintown station stating that weekday Airport trains originating between (appropriate time frame) will board from the outbound platform.

With 400-series trains being assigned to Warminster, the Silverliner V announcements will treat outbound trains as Warminster Line trains, with Jenkintown and Glenside being Warminster Line cutback points.
  by Suburban Station

It's hard not to think this mess has something to do with recent ridership losses. Thoughts? I guess I can wait several months or years for septa published route data
  by zebrasepta

Suburban Station wrote:It's hard not to think this mess has something to do with recent ridership losses. Thoughts? I guess I can wait several months or years for septa published route data
The only way SEPTA can fix this is by adding a extra track between Jenkintown and Wayne Junction which probably will never happen and revert the the Airport line with the Warminster/West Trenton lines before this change
  by Silverliner II

zebrasepta wrote:
Suburban Station wrote:It's hard not to think this mess has something to do with recent ridership losses. Thoughts? I guess I can wait several months or years for septa published route data
The only way SEPTA can fix this is by adding a extra track between Jenkintown and Wayne Junction which probably will never happen and revert the the Airport line with the Warminster/West Trenton lines before this change
Or just keep the Jenkintown trips to Glenside where they can lay over out of the way and eliminate the platform confusion totally.
  by Steampowered

twice at 30st a track change happened , and 2 staff told us wrong information. Half the travelers were running up stairs. Complete disorganization.