• Tiger projects 2016

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by Suburban Station

So funding was recently announced. Any inside info or speculation on what septa might apply for?
Would apply to rebuild the radnor nhsl station with a connection to regional rail make sense give the push for kop?
What about a downtown bus station at 15th and jfk?
Other ideas? Extension of el wynnewood line past wawa ?
  by roadmaster

Will be interesting to see if septa applies for a piece of the $500 million pot and if that money will be spent on anything but maintenance and upkeep of current infrastructure. Knowing septa, they might apply for a new parking garage, an ADA improvement at a few stations, or anything for buses. I think septa will not apply to help with the KOP project as it has to be spent in a certain amount of time on actual work. Because of the limit, I think the extension of the el wynnewood line past wawa will remain as a confusing fantasy.
  by JeffK

el wynnewood? :-D Dontcha just love Autocorrosion ... I mean Autocarrot ... AUTOCORRECT!

But seriously, I don't see any significant projects coming out of that money either. SEPTA has such a backlog that they're probably going to focus on smaller fixes and upgrades that meet the grant's criteria. As much as I'd like to see a good intermodal project like a common Radnor station or bus facilities, there's already a lot of work waiting in the wings.
  by Suburban Station

An ada project such as erie (bsl) would make a lot of sense. Now that you mention it...or perhaps allegheny west station. I've always thought the proposed creasheim trail project shoukd be tied into a connection to allen lane