Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

by F40CFan

This morning 402, pushing 2210, bit the big one at Wood Dale. The HEP was working because it was shakin' and rattlin' just not rollin'. When I showed up for 2220, they had just coupled 2212 to the back of 2210 and shoved forward so 2212's equipment could board passengers. The combined train then ran express to Western Ave. where it did a double stop. We did stop briefly to drop off conductors at Franklin Park and River Grove, but did not take on passengers. It was definitely different riding in a cab car and seeing the nose of a locomotive out in front. I was hoping they'd drop 402 off in Bensenville and take it to Victory Auto Wreckers, but no such luck. We arrived in CUS on track 19 around 8:45. I heard the engineer instructed over the radio to "pull up, take as much railroad as you need". He pulled up so that 2212's cab car was close to the side entrance for track 26, generally used by Amtrak passengers. Nothing like something completely different to break up the work week.
  by spRocket

I was hoping they'd drop 402 off in Bensenville and take it to Victory Auto Wreckers, but no such luck.
That made me LOL. Are they still running the commercial with the car's door falling off?
  by F40CFan

I haven't seen that commercial in quite a while. They did have a campaign a year or so ago for people to send in suggestions for a replacement commercial. I have a suggestion; "Turn that old MP36 into cash at Victory!"