• Subway Delay Reports and Discussion (2011-2017)

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by blackcap

I don't know if it resulted in any delays, but some Braintree High students thought that smashing windows on a Red Line train would be a good way to celebrate Braintree's win over Andover in a state high school girls' basketball semifinal game at the Garden:

http://m.patriotledger.com/article/2015 ... MjAkC.dpuf
  by MBTA1070

Buses replacing service between Kenmore and Haymarket due to a power issue near Arlington. I got caught in the shuttle bus mess, was really crammed in there. Let's hope they fix it soon, it's been 4 hours
  by Rbts Stn

We were dining in Waban on Saturday -- I didn't know the D line was busing between Riverside and . . . ? but buses were going by us at an incredible pace. Counted 10 of them in one 30 minute period heading towards Riverside (I couldn't see the destination signs on the buses going the other way). There were regularly anywhere from 1 to 5 folks waiting for these buses, and a few that picked up no one. The buses appeared to be pretty empty from my vantage point.

I wonder if they could have cut the frequency just a tad on a Saturday evening, and saved a buck or two on fuel.
  by The EGE

The stairs at Fenway station are closed until further notice (too rusted for safety), and they don't seem to be hurrying along on fixing them. I guess we have another South Attleboro...
  by Adams_Umass_Boston

Fun typo

"Shuttle buses replacing Blue Line service between Airport and Bowdoin Stations due to fire department activity at Bowdoing.

Shuttling the following stops:
Airport
Maverick
Aquarium
State Street
Bowdoin

Last updated: May 29 2015 09:56 AM"
  by Disney Guy

The EGE wrote:The stairs at Fenway station are closed until further notice (too rusted for safety), and they don't seem to be hurrying along on fixing them. I guess we have another South Attleboro...
They figure they can let everyone use the route that persons in wheelchairs might use to access the station.
Hmmm ... If the D line gets bustituted for some irregularity in that area in the near future, would the buses load and unload a little further to the south, away from the stairs and nearer the parking lot entrance?
  by Slushbucket

There is a disabled train at Science Park according to announcements. Bustitution between North Station and Lechmere going on right now.
  by MBTA3247

That cleared up shortly before 3PM.
  by bostontrainguy

Slushbucket wrote:There is a disabled train at Science Park according to announcements. Bustitution between North Station and Lechmere going on right now.
Broken pantograph
  by StefanW

Orange Line is suspended both ways between Back Bay and N Sta due to Boston fire. For service between N Sta and Back Bay, use the Green Line
Needless to say, the Green Line is completely overwhelmed right now in the Park to North Station area. I couldn't even get upstairs from the Red Line level at Park without hitting a wall of people.
  by Bramdeisroberts

on the way to work, I just drove by what appeared to be a smoking signal box next to the orange line tracks by the pike right before Back Bay station.

I'm just going to assume this is going to lead to a delay of some sort.
  by Adams_Umass_Boston

BigUglyCat wrote:
Adams_Umass_Boston wrote:I saw that on twitter too,

https://twitter.com/nypl/status/615626118561968128" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Is it just me, or is that link incorrect?
I believe it should be fixed now. Funny thing, I tested the link when I first posted. I have no idea where that other link came from.