• Report SEPTA ALP-44 2308 Sightings Here

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by acelaphillies

A few years ago we had a few different topics to track unique cars. However, all of those cars are retired at this point. Now that SEPTA's ALP-44 is the only remaining one in the country I thought it might be fun to track this unit. Post your sightings here along with the Line and the Train # if you know it.
  by ThirdRail7

I'm pretty sure I saw it in Trenton a few days ago.
  by CNJGeep

Was on 9745 on President's Day, with the 2401 trailing.
  by ex Budd man

According to today's equipment allocation sheet 2308 is at Frazer shop. No reason given.
  by Wingnut

I know I saw 2308 on an afternoon run at Jefferson Market East a few weeks ago but I failed to mentally note what train it was on.

I think this is very interesting. Besides having the only running ALP-44, SEPTA will soon be the last stand for AEM-7s as well.
  by ex Budd man

It's listed on train 9526 today.
  by ex Budd man

Engine 2308 is assigned to train 9212 today.
  by South Jersey Budd

2308 is at Roberts yard this weekend so it should be heading to Elwyn Monday morning.
  by ex Budd man

It is slated for train 9540 today. Friday I passed it as it was sitting on the coal track at WJ waiting for the evening run.
  by o484

Was the power for train number 6378 on the West Trenton Line this evening; cab car 2402 leading.
  by R3 Passenger

2308 is on Train 9251 heading to Newark, DE.