• Old PC labeled object at NYP

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by Jmark

Trying to figure this one out,

Over by the LIRR side, on then northwest edge of penn station area (right before you enter the over-build) there's a *something* with the PC worms on it, it's hard to see what it is with the recent overbuild and the way the light hits the area.
Any clue what it is? kind of looks like an old baggage car used for storage or something similar.
  by cnj1524

My than likely a former NYC baggage car for MOW/heavy tool storage,there is 1 at grand central too.
  by glennk419

There was a similar car that sat in Penn Coach Yard in Philly for many years. I believe it was used as a tool car for the maintainers.
  by Amtk30

If I may add, there also was a former NYC baggage car for storage at the coach yard in Chicago for many years. Not sure if it is still there however.

Amtk30
  by wintower

I wonder if that is the car in E yard?
  by Backshophoss

AMTK 17013 thru 17032 were former NYC/PC baggage cars,used for storage/office space by MW,
all were not roadworthy,by now scrapped,or well hidden. :wink:
  by ApproachMedium

The thing you saw is in fact, a PC baggage car. Its been hiding down there for many years. I forget if it is NYC or PRR heritage, but its there. For a long time there was a string of B60B PRR baggage cars in Sunnyside in various markings, including PC, PRR, Amtrak etc. They were all scrapped in the 90s I think.

The car in Penn is some kind of office or storage now, probably like the "pantograph shack" thats in the Pullman yard in Hoboken.