• 2nd Round Trip for Sounder to Everett

• General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.
General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.

Moderators: mtuandrew, gprimr1

by railfanofewu

I just got an e-mailed Rider Alert from Sound Transit, it seems that they have finally got a 2nd Round Trip from Everett to Seattle. I already spread the news to some local discussion boards up here, and already got people attacking it as another waste of money. The trip will depart Everett Station at 6:10AM, and the afternoon counterpart will depart King Street Station at 4:33PM. This will take effect on June 6. It will give three trains a day between Everett and Seattle, including Amtrak Cascades. I think the ridership that has stayed away from the current train, which leaves for Everett at 5:13PM will come to it. The 4:45PM to Tacoma gets good ridership, every car is full, Standing Room Only as far as Kent.

I just got this press release from Sound Transit explaining how this is three months ahead of the revised schedule.

http://www.soundtransit.org/newsroom/re ... 0512_1.asp