• Subway Delay Reports and Discussion (2011-2017)

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by JonY12

The D line this morning had severe delays between Riverside and Reservoir and seek alternate transportation due to a down wire .
  by MBTA1070

Something on the B:
Green Line B branch experiencing delays due to police action. Shuttle buses utilized from Packards Corner to Blandford.
  by BostonUrbEx

MBTA1070 wrote:Something on the B:
Green Line B branch experiencing delays due to police action. Shuttle buses utilized from Packards Corner to Blandford.
A car got smashed and pushed down the tracks. Or it drove down the tracks and got hit.

The driver was from Virginia; either following GPS or had no idea how to drive around here, I'm sure.
  by Teamdriver

Boston Fire Department earlier ordered the MBTA to suspend service on the B branch of the Green Line which runs on Commonwealth Ave -

Brighton gas leak forces evacuations
Monday, October 14, 2013 PrintEmail Comments (0)
By:
Colneth Smiley Jr.
A backhoe excavating in the area of 1871 Commonwealth Avenue ruptured a large gas line prompting authorities to evacuate nearby residential and commercial buildings and temporarily suspend service on the MBTA’s Green Line.

Boston police said the incident occurred around 12:30 p.m. Police said authorities from National Grid have been called to the scene. Boston Fire Department earlier ordered the MBTA to suspend service on the B branch of the Green Line which runs on Commonwealth Ave.

The MBTA was looking to possibly send shuttles for passengers waiting at the Washington Street stop station, but after 40 minutes of not running, service was restored.

Boston police and Boston firefighters are still at the site as utility officials respond as well.

- See more at: http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/lo ... bypVd.dpuf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by deathtopumpkins

Just a minute ago, leaving Kenmore heading inbound, I witnessed the train pull up to a red signal where the two station tracks come together and wait until a T employee walked up the tracks and threw the switch manually, before using a flashlight to guide the train past the red signal.

Are they having signal or switching issues at Kenmore? Is this a regular occurrence? I'm not through here very often.
  by ns3010

The Automatic Vehicle Identification is supposed to automatically set the routes based on the train's destination, although this sometimes doesn't completely work, requiring an employee to manually throw the switch. Although the automatic switch routing usually works, it is a fairly regular occurrence when it doesn't, meaning it probably happens at least a few times per day, considering the number of trains operated.
  by sery2831

This sounds like a failure, because there is a set of buttons on the wall to manually throw the switch and display a signal.
  by typesix

AVI wouldn't be used or needed as the train was going towards Boston, the switch should automatically throw depending on the track the train is on and if 2 trains show up, the one detected first would get the switch. Once in a while, the switches fail to work and need to be manually set.
  by bostontrainguy

Inbound that would be a signal problem. Not AVI related since it's a trailing point switch. Happens frequently at that junction.
  by ns3010

The Green Line will be bussed next Tuesday, the 29th from 9pm to the end of service between North Station and Science Park. Not sure why they're not just running the shuttles all the way to Lechmere, but ok...?
  by BostonUrbEx

ns3010 wrote:The Green Line will be bussed next Tuesday, the 29th from 9pm to the end of service between North Station and Science Park. Not sure why they're not just running the shuttles all the way to Lechmere, but ok...?
I'm sure they are. Otherwise it makes no sense.
  by ns3010

BostonUrbEx wrote:
ns3010 wrote:The Green Line will be bussed next Tuesday, the 29th from 9pm to the end of service between North Station and Science Park. Not sure why they're not just running the shuttles all the way to Lechmere, but ok...?
I'm sure they are. Otherwise it makes no sense.

I'm just going by what the T Alert said, so I have no idea haha
  by BostonUrbEx

Someone was just shot multiple times at Ashmont Station. No alerts at this time.

EDIT: Just minutes later, a fight has broken out on a train at Fields Corner.
  by wicked

Switching delay of 10-15 mins this morning on Braintree line. Anyone know where the holdup is?