• Commuter Rail Delay Discussion

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by MBTA1016

You can all thank the gusty winds for throwing a ton of leafs around. Anyone lose power?
  by BandM4266

Looks like train 136 from Rockport is going to delayed substantially . It made it 1 1/2 car lengths out of station before it died! It is 30mins late as I type this. Making a power swap now, taking 129's power out of layover
  by jaymac

On 10-09-2013 at 0739, an almost on time 412 rolled into Shirley with 1127(W) and 1124 doing the shoving. Any idea if this was trouble from yesterday or just a way of ferrying power into BET?
  by TrainManTy

jaymac wrote:On 10-09-2013 at 0739, an almost on time 412 rolled into Shirley with 1127(W) and 1124 doing the shoving. Any idea if this was trouble from yesterday or just a way of ferrying power into BET?
I haven't been keeping track of locomotive failures, but when locomotives are repaired and placed back into service, they're often paired with another locomotive to be shaken down before going back to solo operation.
  by sery2831

The 1124/1127 combo was put together last week sometime. The 1124 was having main engine issues and the 1127 was having HEP issues. They basically have been using this combo to make one good loco.
  by ns3010

sery2831 wrote:The 1124/1127 combo was put together last week sometime. The 1124 was having main engine issues and the 1127 was having HEP issues. They basically have been using this combo to make one good loco.
Ah, the good ole 1/2 + 1/2=1 :-)

Although it doesn't seem to be causing delays, a set supposedly ended up partially on the ground while shoving into the Fitchburg layover this evening.
  by MBTA1016

ns3010 wrote:
sery2831 wrote:The 1124/1127 combo was put together last week sometime. The 1124 was having main engine issues and the 1127 was having HEP issues. They basically have been using this combo to make one good loco.
Ah, the good ole 1/2 + 1/2=1 :-)
ns the mbta has been perfecting that setup for years lol. :)
  by diburning

All at the cost of fuel for hauling 1124 around!
  by Teamdriver

Brockton bomb threat temporarily closes bridge, pauses MBTA train

BROCKTON —
The state police bomb squad was en route Friday morning to Brockton to help local authorities investigate a possible pipe bomb on the Howard Street bridge, authorities said.
The bridge, which crosses the MBTA train tracks between North Montello and Spark streets on the city’s north side, was closed for a brief time to traffic and the trains were stopped around 8:15 a.m.
By 8:30 a.m., reports indicated the item had been removed, and the bridge was to be reopened promptly.
No further information was immediately available.

Read more: http://www.enterprisenews.com/topstorie ... z2hPvpfrlH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Follow us: @enterprisenews on Twitter | EnterpriseBrockton on Facebook
  by braves

When will the new Framingham/Worcester train schedules takes effect and has anyone heard on what the new schedules will be like.
  by The EGE

I was asleep for all the action, but I was on #1124 (the 7:30 pm Rockport inbound) which was apparently held 15 minutes at Beverly for the cops to arrest a man who depending on who you believe was extremely drunk, exposing himself, or both. Very classy for 8pm on a Saturday.
  by ck4049

Signal problems on the Fitchburg/South Acton Mainline tonight, happy Columbus Day I guess.
  by Komarovsky

P508 was cancelled this morning before it even left the yard and all passengers told to board p512(7:30 semi local). This is going to be a fun commute this morning.
  by Komarovsky

Now p512 is operating in tandem with another inbound train, both stopping at the same inbound stops into Boston. Because of this P512 is now running 20 minutes late. Gotta give the T credit, I've never seen them do something quite this bizarre.