• Subway Delay Reports and Discussion (2011-2017)

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by deathtopumpkins

BostonUrbEx wrote:A Red Line train's brakes locked up just shy of 5pm at Central Sq today. Harvard, Central, and Kendall were evacuated and the line was screwed up for a bit. Service was supposedly moving the entire time, but there were some ~20 min gaps between trains.
When was Kendall evacuated? I was in Kendall waiting for an inbound train when this happened, so it must have been afterward to let the smoke clear or something. It got pretty heavy in there.

I came in the station at about 4:40-4:45 to a somewhat crowded platform, and around 4:50-4:55 a train came through that didn't take passengers, the rear of which was accompanied by a very large cloud of smoke. Eventually at 4:55-5:00 an Ashmont train finally came. No communication from the MBTA this entire time, just rampant speculation among fellow passengers.
When we got to Charles/MGH though the operator announced "My apologies for the crowd, the train in front of us caught on fire." Her actual words.
By Park St the crowd was to the point where you couldn't move on the platform or in the train, and they physically could not close the doors.

Really put a damper on my commute!
  by MBTA1070

Shuttle buses replacing Orange Line service from Oak Grove to Wellington Station.
Another power problem or what?
  by BostonUrbEx

MBTA1070 wrote:Shuttle buses replacing Orange Line service from Oak Grove to Wellington Station.
Another power problem or what?
It was claimed to be due to an "emergency," yet no further explanation has been given all night. And I've been told the MBTA is handling shuttles even shittier than usual. I suppose it's hard to haul bus drivers in on a Saturday night, but at least tell the public what it is that's going on...
  by MBTA1016

It could've led to catastrophic delays but luckily it didn't. Glad he's ok but he obviously didn't see the safety bounce video
  by BostonUrbEx

Yesterday, the E Line was cut to Brigham from about 3:30pm to 6:30pm or something like that.

The Orange Line shuttles were in effect, but starts at least as early as 8:45 when the MBTA claimed it would start at 9 or later.
  by MBTA1070

BostonUrbEx wrote:Yesterday, the E Line was cut to Brigham from about 3:30pm to 6:30pm or something like that.
Green Line E branch will be terminating at Brigham Circle Station. Please use the Route 39 bus for service between Brigham Circle and Heath Street.
Again.
  by Diverging Route

diburning wrote:Red line is experiencing delays inbound due to a disabled train. Unsure what happened or whether there is an alert for it. I'm just standing here with 200 other people.

Red Line experiencing severe delays beginning at 8:22 AM due to disabled train at Harvard

Last updated: Oct 1 2013 8:35 AM
  by BostonUrbEx

This morning during rush hour there were severe delays for multiple reasons.

Red Line: signal/switch problems somewhere, followed by a disabled train at Harvard for 30+ minutes starting at 8:22, and once it was clearing there was police action at Alewife
Orange Line: there was a guy with his foot stuck between the train and the platform at North Station
Green Line: [multiple?] disabled trains causing just minor delays

And just now, at about 12 noon, there were two disabled Green Line trains. One downtown (Park St?) and one on the B Line somewhere. And another minor signal/switch problem on the Red Line at the same time.
  by BostonUrbEx

Mbta fan wrote:Don't forget, winter isn't here yet.
I've been thinking about this all day. Come winter, the Orange Line and Red Line are going to be dead in the water (err- ice*). There's still no request for bids, so these cars are going to have to last a couple more winters...
  by MBTA1016

Exactly my thoughts and that's with the redline always having some sort of problem. It's gonna be a long winter if its as bad as the farmers almanac says it will be. I'm not a farmer so I don't beleive in the almanac
  by diburning

There was a minor hiccup on the orange line just now at State. A guy fell into the track pit. He was pulled out by the CSA. He was unconscious with a burn mark running the length of his arm and blood coming out his mouth. There was an EMT present. The inspector on board the train got off, got down via the front ladder of the train, and retrieved the person's cell phone which was in the gauge.
  by BostonUrbEx

Hiccup sounds like an understatement! Hope the guy is going to be alright... by phone in the gauge, do you think he dropped it on the fall? Or he dropped it and jumped down to get it?