• Catskill Mountain Railroad (CMRR) Discussion - 2013

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by chefwrg

To emphasis how much of this is politics, Hein says it's ok for the train to run between Phoenicia and Boiceville. So ok, why aren't you releasing the FEMA money to fix the damage in that area?
  by Scott K

chefwrg wrote:To emphasis how much of this is politics, Hein says it's ok for the train to run between Phoenicia and Boiceville. So ok, why aren't you releasing the FEMA money to fix the damage in that area?
Because then he can't stop them from using the money to fix the Kingston-Ashokan section as well.

Scott K.
  by scoostraw

chefwrg wrote:To emphasis how much of this is politics, Hein says it's ok for the train to run between Phoenicia and Boiceville. So ok, why aren't you releasing the FEMA money to fix the damage in that area?
I'm guessing because the county wants the CMRR to agree to run ONLY between Phoenicia and Boiceville - and to give up running out of Kingston. If the CMRR does not agree to this, the county will not fix the west end and nothing will run anywhere.
  by chefwrg

The FEMA money has nothing to do with that section (Ashokan to Kingston). I left out the FEMA money for the Boiceville Trestle. I understand why nothing has moved there.....it unlocks the other key to the resevoir....the first one was the C9 bridge. It is going to have to be the will of the people that overrides the politics in all of this rails/trails/lease deal. The people of Ulster County elected their representatives, only their voices and votes can change the absolute witch hunt this has been. Maybe that should be the CMRR's rallying cry..."let the people vote". That takes the politics out of it.
  by scoostraw

chefwrg wrote:The FEMA money has nothing to do with that section (Ashokan to Kingston).
I understand that also. However the county may be using the FEMA money as a bargaining chip. "Agree to give up on Kingston or we won't release the FEMA money and fix the west end for you."

I'm just guessing here...
  by Scott K

I guess I need to look at the maps again. There's no FEMA-money-covered storm damage on the east side of Ashokan?

Scott K.
  by chefwrg

The only storm damage east of the Boiceville trestle is a ton of trees blown over. Think they got through most of them a couple of weeks ago.
  by Scott K

No wonder the politicians are getting desperate then. Once the RR gets past 209, there'll be no stopping them.

Scott K.
  by jakirk

Kingston Mayor Shayne Gallo and Kingston Corporation Counsel Andrew Zweben have made the news again. This isn't related
the CMRR, and is off-tpoic, but it is non the less very telling about the Mayor. From the Kingston Daily Freeman, "Secret recording reveals Kingston Mayor Shayne Gallo in vulgar tirades, threatening violence against fired employee"

http://www.dailyfreeman.com/articles/20 ... 129527.txt
  by charlie6017

jakirk wrote:Kingston Mayor Shayne Gallo and Kingston Corporation Counsel Andrew Zweben have made the news again. This isn't related
the CMRR, and is off-tpoic, but it is non the less very telling about the Mayor. From the Kingston Daily Freeman, "Secret recording reveals Kingston Mayor Shayne Gallo in vulgar tirades, threatening violence against fired employee"

Well........he puts the "Hein" in Heinous! :-P

Charlie
  by airman00

Scott K wrote:No wonder the politicians are getting desperate then. Once the RR gets past 209, there'll be no stopping them.

Scott K.
Exactly!! :)
  by airman00

charlie6017 wrote:
jakirk wrote:Kingston Mayor Shayne Gallo and Kingston Corporation Counsel Andrew Zweben have made the news again. This isn't related

Well........he puts the "Hein" in Heinous! :-P

Charlie
Well politics is a dirty business.
  by SilverLakeRailroad

This guy's a real winner....

Press charges against him- His actions in his position are unacceptable.
  by scoostraw

I'm glad to hear this. That guy was smart to record that meeting. I would put nothing past this buffoon.

Great timing. As jaystreetcrr said, "the CMRR is on the side of the angels".
  by airman00

And to further all this, I was looking at a diagram map of the line on the CMRR's 2011 progress report. And seriously... once the CMRR gets across Route 209, the ashokan resivour is within striking distance. And right now they can run a mow train or a light engine move just about to the edge of 209. So clearly the politicos are freaking out because the the CMRR has done such a great job rebuilding there about to put the trail out of reach.