• SU99/SU100 Thread

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by mainetrain

Hear a distant train blowing for the crossings, must be the SU100? through Warwick 0220hrs
  by waldwickrailfan

SU99 ran last night with 3804 and 20 cars
  by Autoblock

Any reason why the 99 seems to be smaller? It usually goes by my house late but used to seem like it was a pretty decent size train now it sounds around the same as the 100 which is usually smaller minus the garbage cars.
  by waldwickrailfan

Autoblock wrote:Any reason why the 99 seems to be smaller? It usually goes by my house late but used to seem like it was a pretty decent size train now it sounds around the same as the 100 which is usually smaller minus the garbage cars.
It's pretty much been smaller Mondays, usually 20-40 cars, wednesday: 40-60, friday: 60+
  by waldwickrailfan

SU99 went north today with 3800 and 3016 hauling 19 cars. 3016 has a blown turbo
  by sportsguy

Well that sucks...
  by AlliedSignal3674

Looks like the 'superstackers' and wide-cabs are back (in other developments on the "Q"). :-D
  by K4Pacific

Crew for detour of SU100 via CSX is on duty at 205 pm today Wednesday 7-3. Crew will taxi to Dewitt yard in Syracuse to get the necessary paperwork then taxi to the train itself. Train is operating on CSX as symbol Z224-03. Probably wont depart Syracuse much before dinner time.
  by RSD15

K4Pacific wrote:Crew for detour of SU100 via CSX is on duty at 205 pm today Wednesday 7-3. Crew will taxi to Dewitt yard in Syracuse to get the necessary paperwork then taxi to the train itself. Train is operating on CSX as symbol Z224-03. Probably wont depart Syracuse much before dinner time.
Going through Dewitt 9:50pm.
  by Snowmojoe

Is CSX still detouring through here? It's 6:45 AM and I swear a CSX freight just went by my house (I'm near Wortendyke Station in Midland Park). I couldn't get to any good vantage point in any time to see what it was so I was left with trying to see it out my living room window through the trees. Looked like 3 diesels, maybe GPs of some kind, and they didn't look like Susquehanna yellowjackets or the Norfolk Southern leasers I see frequently. It's also a weird time for a train to go through here, and on Wednesdays the NYS&W is usually going in the other direction (towards Binghamton).

Do I need to get more sleep?
  by Steve F45

no detours for over a month. You may have seen the nysw local heading west or east. They have a ns and csx gp38-2 on lease.
  by Snowmojoe

I've seen CSX 2732 go by the house. And NS 5291 and 5294; think they are all GP38s. There were 3 diesels on this one and I swore they all looked like CSX colors, but I guess not.

The schedule seems to be a little funny of late though, no? Some nights the SU doesn't seem to go by until as late as 6:30 and maybe even later. And I recall a Thursday where a train went by here heading west with 3 or 4 Yellowjackets and 79 cars. That's normal SU99 material, but on a Thursday?

And I swear that as I typed that paragraph above, I heard the diesel horns go, and the crossing gates go off, and four Yellowjackets (couldn't see road #s) and 71 cars went by. Just now at about 6:50 PM on Thursday. Did the normal 99 schedule change? M-W-F for SU99, no?
  by Marty Feldner

Per one of the mailing lists, last sunday's SU-100 was annulled- so the schedule this week is off by one day. That would have indeed been a rare Thursday SU-99 you saw.
  by CNJ Fan 4evr

Anyone have an updated schedule on SU99 or SU 100 as of 10/21/13? I was hoping to perhaps get some video of the old L&HR section. I see stuff on You Tube.Right now every other Monday and every Weds. are free for me.
  by ap70621

Hello,
SU-99 runs Monday's, Wednesday's, and Friday's. They have been leaving Bogota around 16:00 lately, but there is not really a set schedule. I usually see them on the L&HR in Vernon anytime between 18:30 and 20:00. As for the SU-100, I do not know as much about it because I am usually asleep by the time it comes through. I sometimes will hear it between 1:00 and 2:30.
Here are the links for some Yahoo Groups that may be of some help, members usually post location and time they see trains...
http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/NYSW/info" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Susq ... s/messages" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;