Railroad Forums 

• SU99/SU100 Thread

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#1029135  by Bill S

charlie6017 wrote:Bill,
Can you please provide a link or a "fair use quote" for the folks
who may not be able to view Trains NewsWire?

Thanks,
Charlie
There will be 6 rebuilt ( ex oakway ) SD60's on long term lease #3800-10 -- one will be a heritage unit and the rest
yellow jackets.

Bill
 #1029136  by NYSW3022

sportsguy wrote:
Bill S wrote:Trains news wire has an up date on the power coming in July for SU99/SU100

Bill S
What are they saying?!
"They" are saying.. Calm down. Go outside, do something productive with your time. Trying to get updates every 30 seconds isn't going to change anything.
 #1029437  by Jtgshu

sportsguy wrote:Here is mine from today shot in Elmwood Park: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R48ZIESC ... ature=plcp
I liked the Penn Central car about :45 in to it.....that was a nice treat!
 #1041153  by blocksignal

I went down to Cross Street in Bogota, NJ yesterday to check out the SU-99 line up around 3 PM and the train was already made up and ready to go. The power consisted of CEFX 3131, CEFX 3124, CEFX 3126, & NYS&W power. I cannot remember if the NYS&W loco # was 3014 or 3016. I recall it being a SD40T-2. If anyone else saw this train or someone video taped it please let me know if I have all the loco #'s correct and in the correct order.

I headed up to Hawthorne, NJ to await and catch the train near the station. After I finished looking for a good photo spot 2 grade crossings North of the station and returned to the station area I heard train horns blowing. It was not even 4:30 PM yet. The train came through that area a little after 4:30 PM pulling around 50 or 60 freight cars. I got a couple photos where I could. 4:30 PM is a bit early for the SU-99 to be up at Hawthorne already isn't it?

BTW what time do they start putting the SU-99 together down in that Bogota, NJ yard? I would like to catch them assembling that train down there one of these days.

Blocksignal.
 #1042266  by blocksignal

Good Evening. I headed on down to the NYS&W freight yard in the Bogota/Ridgefield Park area arriving there around 1:45 PM to see if I could catch the SU-99 being assembled. At that time it looked like some of the train was put together but no power. I went to another location and upon my return at about 2:50 PM CEFX 3143 was assembling the remainder of what would become this evenings SU-99.

The power & road crew arrived about 3:55 PM. There were 4 locomotives in total. CEFX 3124, CEFX 3131, CEFX 3126, & NYS&W 3012. They headed out Westbound at about 4:15 PM pulling about 60 cars.

As I headed back West I was able to catch them at the River Drive crossing near the Marcal Paper Company in Elmwood Park at about 4:35 PM.

Blocksignal.
 #1056249  by sportsguy

It usually leaves anytime between 4 and 5. However it does also depend on when the SU100 got to Ridgefield Park.
 #1056473  by ns3010

I had my first 99 chase last night with a few other forum members, thanks again to them for letting me come along. Here's my pictures from the chase.

3810 Leading, Waiting for the Crew
3808 on the Other End
The Chase Begins
Crossing the Ramapo
Rolling Through Newfoundland
Pan Shot of 3810
Cresting the Grade
Vernon Flats
Sugar Loaf
"Cost Efficiency" :-)
Crawling Through Chester
Picking up Speed