• Train 1169 3/27/09

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by CNJGeep

MARC does NOT need more equipment-they have plenty, and they're getting over fifty Multilevel IIs piggybacked onto NJT's order.
MARC isn't going to be running any weekend service until they have money and CSX stops caring about providing lousy freight service and not allowing its railroad to be used for anything other than their dreadful frieghts.
  by NJT4115

CNJGeep wrote:MARC does NOT need more equipment-they have plenty, and they're getting over fifty Multilevel IIs piggybacked onto NJT's order.
MARC isn't going to be running any weekend service until they have money and CSX stops caring about providing lousy freight service and not allowing its railroad to be used for anything other than their dreadful frieghts.
Never knew that. I don't live in Maryland so I really am not up to date with MARC.
  by NJT4115

Sorry for the bump, but I just felt like saying that it has been four years since Train 1169 left Hoboken with the 5114. That means it has been four years since a C1 has run on NJT property.
  by CNJGeep

NJT4115 wrote:Sorry for the bump, but I just felt like saying that it has been four years since Train 1169 left Hoboken with the 5114. That means it has been four years since a C1 has run on NJT property.
You mean, the last time a Comet I ran in revenue service on NJT.
  by ACeInTheHole

Really wish I had gotten to ride those things.
  by NJT4115

CNJGeep wrote:
NJT4115 wrote:Sorry for the bump, but I just felt like saying that it has been four years since Train 1169 left Hoboken with the 5114. That means it has been four years since a C1 has run on NJT property.
Well, SEPTA does (or at least did) run a set or two. Have there been any non-revenue runs on NJT (like a test train)
  by ACeInTheHole

NJT4115 wrote:
CNJGeep wrote:
Well, SEPTA does (or at least did) run a set or two. Have there been any non-revenue runs on NJT (like a test train)
No. All Comet Is are gone from NJT property.
  by NJT4115

beanbag wrote:
NJT4115 wrote:
CNJGeep wrote:
No. All Comet Is are gone from NJT property.
I recall seeing one single cab car in in late 2010, or early 2011 in MMC from I-95. After that, it was gone. I could tell it was a cab car because I saw a horn on it, but I didn't see the front of it.