• Winter St Concourse

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by jaymac

As long as we're going all food nostalgia, how 'bout going a coupla stops towards Harvard, getting off at Charles, and making a memory lane visit to the one, the only, the dear but departed Buzzy's Fabulous Roast Beef? The triumph of flavor over good sense was exemplified in their knishes.
  by 3rdrail

Hover around Mass General 3-5 hours after eating there, also.
  by jaymac

Never having had a lightbar to ward off evil spirits, I kept my Buzzying to daylight/twilight hours. Dunno how it was just before it died, but the food there always treated me with respect.
  by 3rdrail

I never could figure out how Buzzy's (and Arby's) could produce roast beef that was aesthetically perfect. I have never found any cut of roast beef without some fat, light or dark contrast, or vein in it somewhere that I buy at the market. Yet, Buzzie's was always all perfectly, consistantly, evenly pink with none of these aberations. I should probably get myself read with a gieger counter just in case the "roast beef" was actually raw sewerage dredged up from the Hudson River, sat on to make it flat by Governor Christie !
  by jaymac

We mere mortals don't get access to the stuff -- however toxic it might be -- that the trades can get.
  by Teamdriver

If your talking roasted beef, take the Orange line to Sullivan and get to the Mt. Vernon cafe. They used to take the roasted beef out of the kitchen hot , put it on a slicer right at the bar , and the bartender sliced it to order, mmmmmm good. And conveniently there is beer nearby too!
  by BigUglyCat

Anybody for Kelly's in Saugus? Too far out of the metro area?

Too far off topic. John is gonna get us! :)
  by 3rdrail

It is most definitely off-topic...but it is an interesting subject. I'm going to make a "Favorite Restaurants for Metropolitan Boston Buffs" thread now. I don't have the ability to transfer the "roast beef" posts on this thread, but maybe John might (??) :-)
  by sery2831

Okay... NOW back on topic :-D
  by StevieC48

Mikes in Everett for Roast Beef 104 or 109 cant think of other routes off the top of my head. I know it is a popular with the late night T employees.