Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by Fan Railer

Erie Limited wrote:4802 was in service on the Raritan Valley Line today. Here is train 5432 in Hillside:
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=420163

Rob
Lol looks like a new paint job is in order :P
  by srock1028

lirr42 wrote:Yes sir, it says it right here:
srock1028 wrote:
25Hz wrote:Was that the one going for testing in CO?
No, it is going to San Antonio TX for emissions testing.
And yes, try reading things before making the smart remark. And there is a San Antonio in Colorodo, but you didn't think of that either, I guess.

*cue people who whine that they miss Cruiser*
-NO BS!
  by ACeInTheHole

Erie Limited wrote:Just a quick update to report that 4800 and 4802 are still in service on the Raritan Valley Line. Both passed through Bound Brook within minutes of each other on 5519 and 5518 today.

4802:
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=422783

4800:
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=422792

I'd say both units are in need of a bath!

Rob
Ehh, they work the ACL too, considering that line of work (no pun intended) that they also perform down there, and how grimy ACL sets get, I'd say neither one needs a bath.
  by NJT4115

I'm confused, there are two Texai (Texas plural), one is in Colorado while the other is in San Antonio :) Anyways, I'm guessing the 4801 and 4803 are temporarily OOS in who-knows-where, maybe the Texas in Texas.
  by sixty-six

NJT4115 wrote:I'm confused, there are two Texai (Texas plural), one is in Colorado while the other is in San Antonio :) Anyways, I'm guessing the 4801 and 4803 are temporarily OOS in who-knows-where, maybe the Texas in Texas.
Uh, no.
  by NJT4115

sixty-six wrote:
NJT4115 wrote:I'm confused, there are two Texai (Texas plural), one is in Colorado while the other is in San Antonio :) Anyways, I'm guessing the 4801 and 4803 are temporarily OOS in who-knows-where, maybe the Texas in Texas.
Uh, no.
Yeah I know that I made a bad attempt at a joke.
  by 25Hz

Erie Limited wrote:Just a quick update to report that 4800 and 4802 are still in service on the Raritan Valley Line. Both passed through Bound Brook within minutes of each other on 5519 and 5518 today.

4802:
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=422783

4800:
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=422792

I'd say both units are in need of a bath!

Rob
This weather has not been friendly to the equipment as far as aesthetics. Snow, ice, wind, rain and sun over the past week.
  by ACeInTheHole

Anyone want to tell me why 4801 just surprised me in Millburn? What is going on with it? It was on a test train from the sounds of it because it was back to back with 4207, 5520, and 6004.
  by blockline4180

beanbag wrote:Anyone want to tell me why 4801 just surprised me in Millburn? What is going on with it? It was on a test train from the sounds of it because it was back to back with 4207, 5520, and 6004.

Interesting.... Why would they be testing the P40 on the M&E side if they don't plan on using them on the Hoboken Division?? Short of motive power due to Sandy I guess??
  by waldwickrailfan

beanbag wrote:Anyone want to tell me why 4801 just surprised me in Millburn? What is going on with it? It was on a test train from the sounds of it because it was back to back with 4207, 5520, and 6004.
Possibly a sign of things to come, maybe P40's on Hoboken trains, interesting
  by ACeInTheHole

waldwickrailfan wrote:
Hmm. I guess so. Srock care to chime in on this one? I got some pictures of it in Millburn and a video of it going back east through broad street. When its idling in front of my face for five minutes and then it goes back east behind my train, i figured it would be a good time to whip out my phone and help myself! :) I will post everything later.
  by srock1028

beanbag wrote:
waldwickrailfan wrote:
Hmm. I guess so. Srock care to chime in on this one? I got some pictures of it in Millburn and a video of it going back east through broad street. When its idling in front of my face for five minutes and then it goes back east behind my train, i figured it would be a good time to whip out my phone and help myself! :) I will post everything later.
No P40's on Hoboken trains, no Hoboken Division engineers are qualified on them. Today you just saw a test train for the 6004. Nothing More, Nothing Less!

-A
  by ACeInTheHole

srock1028 wrote:
beanbag wrote:
waldwickrailfan wrote:
No P40's on Hoboken trains, no Hoboken Division engineers are qualified on them. Today you just saw a test train for the 6004. Nothing More, Nothing Less!

-A
Ah, lucky catch then I guess. What was up with the 6004 that required that whole enchilada to come up the M@E, was it storm damaged or something? Interesting choice of motor to test it with.
  by srock1028

beanbag wrote:Ah, lucky catch then I guess. What was up with the 6004 that required that whole enchilada to come up the M@E, was it storm damaged or something? Interesting choice of motor to test it with.
Sorry, I do not know what was up with the 6004. I guess they just laced up whatever OK motors they had at the MMC.