• Richmond Hill team yard

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by The Tenth Legion

Passed by today and it looked like some work is being done in the yard. There were some earth-moving vehicles down by the truck entrance to the yard at Lefferts Blvd. Anybody know what's going on?
  by The Tenth Legion

Saw a high-cube TBOX boxcar spotted in the team yard this past Saturday (or was it Sunday???) Anyway, I haven't seen one of those spotted there before, or seen that type of boxcar elsewhere on the LIRR system. Was that a special load of some sort for an off-line customer? Thanks.
  by The Tenth Legion

Caught an E/B monster today at about 1235 through Richmond Hill. 268 & 270 pulling a long cut of boxcars, COFC's, C&D bathtub gondolas, gondolas and, bringing up the end of the train, a single TBOX high-cube boxcar. It crawled through Richmond Hill and Jamaica. I guess it was headed out to Pine-Aire. Anyone else see this train? Thanks.
  by The Tenth Legion

Late this afternoon I saw the power of a westbound NYA train through Richmond Hill, one MP-15ac on the point with two GP38-2's behind it. Didn't get a look at the consist, though. Anybody else see this train and it's consist? I saw it between 3 & 3:30, roughly.
  by Teutobergerwald

Have been by Richmond Hill team yard a few times in the past couple of weeks and haven't seen any boxcars or flatcars spotted in the yard. Only the Plasser American track equipment is there, stored on the two spurs that directly parallel the Lower Montauk Branch next to the Key Food parking lot. Has NYA lost the customer(s) that received product there to trucks, or are they just slow? BTW, who is/are or was the customer served at R.H. team yard?
  by jayrmli

The customer in Richmond Hill was Ozone Lumber. Not sure if he is still active or not, but due to the economy not as many carloads of building supplies are moving now as they previously did. Perhaps they do not need that much lumber at once and are trucking smaller amounts in as some other companies are doing.

Jay
  by SlowFreight

Ozone received a carload of particle board on 6/7.
  by Teutobergerwald

Any other customers receive product at Richmond Hill team yard ???
  by Teutobergerwald

An old SP double-door boxcar sandwiched an old bulkhead ITLX bulkhead flatcar with a TTZX centerbeam this afternoon, all three empty.
  by Teutobergerwald

A single T-BOX double-door hi-cube boxcar was in the yard today spotted all the way down by the yard entrance on Lefferts Blvd.
  by Teutobergerwald

Another single TBOX hi-cube was spotted in the yard on Friday, 11/16.
  by DogBert

i wonder who's getting these hi cubes? The only customer getting them previously was Belmont park bringing in hay.

The only other people with a few horses in this town are the nypd and i believe a small stable in Forrest park.

In any case, I spotted maybe half a dozen high cubes in the CSX run to the bronx yesterday.
  by mikey cruz

Could be rebuildin supplies post hurricane.
  by DogBert

I thought for a minute maybe the tracks to belmont were blocked & maybe hay was being offloaded here, but I saw a big loram machine at belmont last night which I'm pretty sure is the same one that came over after Sandy (it was the first move over hell gate, I believe wed. or thursday of that week).
  by Teutobergerwald

The 155 and 268 with a mixed bag of tankcars, boxcars, hoppers & bathtub gondolas stopped at the closed Richmond Hill station westbound on the eastbound track around 3:30pm today. The train stretched back almost to the trestle over 89 Ave. Don't know why it was stopped or on that track and not the track normally used for W/B trains. In the team yard was a cut of two-three boxcars and an empty flatcar down near the gate at Lefferts. I guess business has picked up for Ozone Park Lumber post-hurricane for reconstruction.