• never know what you will catch on film railfanning

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by ChessieDave

My son and I went up to Bear Mountain NY for the afternoon to do some railfanning on both the Hudson Line ( Metro North & Amtrack ) and the River Line ( CSX ). We couldnt have asked for better weather or rail traffic! Just when we thought that would be the highlight of the day we caught a special male on film who did something that blew both of our minds away. Lets just say its what not to do when a train is coming towards you , thank god he is still alive. My son labeled the clip in his video " Idiot of the Month ". If there is any Football fans out there this is def the " Come on Man " of railfanning. Hope everyone enjoys seeing some of the trains we caught yesterday and look forward to reading all of you comments either here or on my sons Youtube page ( LIRR 409

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT9P7Xvj ... re=g-all-u
  by Rbts Stn

I can't watch a 14:44 video right now, can you narrow down when the big moment comes?
  by photorailfan

That's nothing new, people go fishing and crabing on those trestles all the time and never mind the trains passing them by. Here is a classic shot of a couple who didn't know the area and were cought on the trestle by a northbound. Enjoy!
  by 3rdrail

What, did they think that the train was going to jump up on the walkway ? This has to be a shot of the train pacing them, probably with a few toots of the horn, until they were off the bridge.
  by photorailfan

This shot was taken years ago but i remember the train didn't pace the two on the bridge. It didn't fly by either.