Railroad Forums 

• never know what you will catch on film railfanning

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1085425  by ChessieDave

My son and I went up to Bear Mountain NY for the afternoon to do some railfanning on both the Hudson Line ( Metro North & Amtrack ) and the River Line ( CSX ). We couldnt have asked for better weather or rail traffic! Just when we thought that would be the highlight of the day we caught a special male on film who did something that blew both of our minds away. Lets just say its what not to do when a train is coming towards you , thank god he is still alive. My son labeled the clip in his video " Idiot of the Month ". If there is any Football fans out there this is def the " Come on Man " of railfanning. Hope everyone enjoys seeing some of the trains we caught yesterday and look forward to reading all of you comments either here or on my sons Youtube page ( LIRR 409

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT9P7Xvj ... re=g-all-u
 #1086533  by 3rdrail

What, did they think that the train was going to jump up on the walkway ? This has to be a shot of the train pacing them, probably with a few toots of the horn, until they were off the bridge.