Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

by lstone19

611 is the second unit on tonight's MD-N double-header. 614 is still at Western coupled to the switcher.
  by metra104

lstone19 wrote:611 is the second unit on tonight's MD-N double-header. 614 is still at Western coupled to the switcher.
do you know where #614 will be rebuilt at?
  by lstone19

metra104 wrote:
lstone19 wrote:611 is the second unit on tonight's MD-N double-header. 614 is still at Western coupled to the switcher.
do you know where #614 will be rebuilt at?
Are you asking me? You must be since you quoted me. But unfortunately, all I know is what I saw out the window of 2239 tonight.
  by atsf sp

I read this on Trains website. They may be overhauled at the Rocket House but I am not positive.
  by Metra210

Someone who works for Metra that I know personally recently told me that 614 will be retired, because it has been in the shop more often than on the rails over the past several months. Does anyone know if this is still the plan?
  by MetraMDW211

The breaking down of 611 apparently started with some HEP issues and then the motor crapped out and they could not get it started.
  by MetraMDW211

404 was double headed with 611 today
  by metra104

Metra210 wrote:Someone who works for Metra that I know personally recently told me that 614 will be retired, because it has been in the shop more often than on the rails over the past several months. Does anyone know if this is still the plan?
614 is getting rebuilt
  by Metra210

metra104 wrote:
Metra210 wrote:Someone who works for Metra that I know personally recently told me that 614 will be retired, because it has been in the shop more often than on the rails over the past several months. Does anyone know if this is still the plan?
614 is getting rebuilt
Thanks for the info. That is great news.
  by F40CFan

611 was on the break-in train this morning, stuck behind a boombox. 614 is sitting outside the shop at Western with a switcher coupled to its back end.
  by metra104

F40CFan wrote:611 was on the break-in train this morning, stuck behind a boombox. 614 is sitting outside the shop at Western with a switcher coupled to its back end.
do you know when #614's rebuilding begins?
  by F40CFan

metra104 wrote:
F40CFan wrote:611 was on the break-in train this morning, stuck behind a boombox. 614 is sitting outside the shop at Western with a switcher coupled to its back end.
do you know when #614's rebuilding begins?
No. But I find it curious that they keep moving it around.
  by F40CFan

Haven't seen 614 for a couple of days. Maybe its inside(?).
  by metraRI

I think I saw 614 inside the west side of the shop, but am not 100%.
  by DT662000

Are there any specific trains that 611 and 614 run on? I'm going to try and get out to the MILW-North line during the week to grab video/pics of them running. Like an idiot, I've been aware of them running for the last 3 years but done nothing about it, even though I was furious the previous 4 years that they'd been retired and I hadn't ever gotten video or pictures...