• NYSW to own CEFX leasors

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by charlie6017

It really depends, but I would bet more than a few days. You never know how
many times it will be re-classified........

Charlie
  by sportsguy

I'm honestly suprised there are no photots of this train anywhere.
  by waldwickrailfan

sportsguy wrote:I'm honestly suprised there are no photots of this train anywhere.
Me too. Im thinking one of two things happened:

A) My source lied
B) It didd'nt pass Bound Brook yet :)
  by Jtgshu

waldwick, and everyone else.....let me give you all a little advice

Things change rapidly on the railroad. Ive been told to do things at work (on the railroad) and it changes 5 times in the time it takes to walk from the tower to the yard, usually in the end, what ends up getting done is absolutely a 180 degree change from what we were originally told we were gonna do.

So thats why NO ONE should take anything from any 'source' as gospel (and then go and post it on a message board, basically saying "look at me, look what I know!"). What could have been true 5 minutes ago is now not. And it doesn't mean that your "source lied". "Ive been there, done that" - Ive gotten nasty messages from people saying "you said this was gonna happen and it didn't" well guess what, things changed. Now, you can see it first then maybe ill verify what I saw with my own eyes of course.

If you can't understand or respect that, and then say that they lied, then you (anyone, not you in particular Waldwick) will loose your "source" faster than you can say "Geep".

As i mentioned before (in a post that was deleted), my signature says what it says for a reason. Believe NOTHING of what you hear and only HALF of what you see. I laugh each time this is proven true time and time and time and time again.

A good source is like a good fishing hole. Keep the info close to your chest, go out and enjoy it THEN discuss it after the fact.

"I caught a fish (train) today that you wouldn't believe!!!" "It was great! It weighted 8 pounds (420,000lbs) and had amazing color (was a heritage unit)" "What a lucky day!" (wink)
  by waldwickrailfan

Jtgshu wrote:waldwick, and everyone else.....let me give you all a little advice

Things change rapidly on the railroad. Ive been told to do things at work (on the railroad) and it changes 5 times in the time it takes to walk from the tower to the yard, usually in the end, what ends up getting done is absolutely a 180 degree change from what we were originally told we were gonna do.

So thats why NO ONE should take anything from any 'source' as gospel (and then go and post it on a message board, basically saying "look at me, look what I know!"). What could have been true 5 minutes ago is now not. And it doesn't mean that your "source lied". "Ive been there, done that" - Ive gotten nasty messages from people saying "you said this was gonna happen and it didn't" well guess what, things changed. Now, you can see it first then maybe ill verify what I saw with my own eyes of course.

If you can't understand or respect that, and then say that they lied, then you (anyone, not you in particular Waldwick) will loose your "source" faster than you can say "Geep".

As i mentioned before (in a post that was deleted), my signature says what it says for a reason. Believe NOTHING of what you hear and only HALF of what you see. I laugh each time this is proven true time and time and time and time again.

A good source is like a good fishing hole. Keep the info close to your chest, go out and enjoy it THEN discuss it after the fact.

"I caught a fish (train) today that you wouldn't believe!!!" "It was great! It weighted 8 pounds (420,000lbs) and had amazing color (was a heritage unit)" "What a lucky day!" (wink)
That is true Jtgshu. I will only post if I know the train number and/or where it is. I don't know if he ever knows the train it is on.
  by kingfish

3810 is still at VMV. Several paint issues had to be addressed. Test runs on PAL went very well with some minor non performance burps. It is scheduled for Wednesday pick up. Routing CSXT to Syracuse NYSW.
  by D.Carleton

kingfish wrote:3810 is still at VMV. Several paint issues had to be addressed. Test runs on PAL went very well with some minor non performance burps. It is scheduled for Wednesday pick up. Routing CSXT to Syracuse NYSW.
So chances are about even that I will see it come through Florida during the next month or two during delivery.
  by waldwickrailfan

Thanks for the update Kingfish. Do you know if it will take the River Line or take the longer way towards Buffalo?
  by lvrr325

How it gets routed may come down literally to what train picks it up and where it works to drop it for the next train, I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see it go to Selkirk and come back to Dewitt for instance. All because certain trains only stop to work certain places in one direction, so even if it would make sense to drop it at X, if the train goes through to Y, it will go to Y and have to be taken back by another train.

But I would expect most likely it will come via Buffalo rather than across the B&O and through Shared Assets to come up the River Line.
  by NYSW4052

A post on the CSX Systemwide forum at 9pm Friday (May 4) evening said this: "it is sitting in the Paducah and Louisville yard now waiting to go out on tonight's train."
  by NYSW4052

Again repeating a post from the CSXSystemwide board (posted Saturday 5/5 at 10;41 pm):

NYSW 3810 missed its connection last night for whatever reason. It was posed by itself in the yard in Paducah tonight. Maddeningly, the sun never did fully come out on it, and I waited until there was no chance left this evening.

Another GMTX SD60 was moved into the paint shops this evening to start the painting process.

(This would make the third unit to hit the paint shop. 3810 is north facing, a second south facing unit was reported in the paint shot last Monday -the report stated that the unit was masked so no number was visible, and now apparently a third unit.) I will see if I can get a report on which direction it is facing. If it's north facing, it will be the 3806. If you check back to the photos in this thread, you will note that only the 9094 (3810) and the 9067 were north facing (if you check the google birds eye view, the bay doors are on the South), the rest were facing south and there is no Y or turntable there..
  by Steve F45

on that same systemwide, its been reported that 3810 was passed up by the train that was supposed to get it. So another day and its still down on the interchange track. On a brighter note,it was also reported that another unit has entered the paint shop.
  by sportsguy

That's sounds exactly like something CSX would do.