• NYSW to own CEFX leasors

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by Chrisgr

If you are not sure it's true, why post it. Totally useless information.
  by sportsguy

Chrisgr wrote:If you are not sure it's true, why post it. Totally useless information.
Because Kingfish originally posted the info and what he says is most likely 100% true.
  by sportsguy

A couple of days ago Kingfish posted:
kingfish wrote:3810 is expected to ship on Friday 4/27.
Although this seems true, i do not know where the NS part of this came from.
  by charlie6017

Morning!

A few things to add, and really, this should be common sense.

I'll keep this simple.........if anyone is "not" sure of information they are about to post---do not post it!

If you ARE sure of information you are about to post......PLEASE at least back it up with something so the rest
of us can be sure it is valid. Kingfish obviously gets a pass on this because of the position he holds.

And if anyone cannot follow this simple and courteous protocol, those posts will simply be deleted.

I will also ask that if anyone sees a violation of said protocol and it's not swiftly taken care of,
please PM me. Also if anyone has questions on what I have just posted, please PM me.

Hopefully, this will help make this good forum even better. Thank you!

Charlie
Forum Moderator
  by DutchRailnut

Since when did Rail Forums become a sure thing ?? If it were not for rumors railroad.net would not exist.
  by charlie6017

I'm guessing most people get my point..........and hopefully most people as well who insist on
continually posting garbage to do nothing other than flame.

Quoting "waldwickrailfan"........not to pick on you personally, just this was the most recent example.
As of this afternoon it is on an NS train and left yesterday afternoon, not sure if this is true though...
Chrisgr called him out on that, and was not inflammatory. I have no issue with that. However, 3 others made mention of it
after that, and 2 of them were extremely rude (those posts were just deleted, by the way). Was it necessary? Well, if you consider
yourself adult, then no it is not.

Which brings me to this: If people post things as truth, and there is at least some kind of substance to back that up,
there should be no issues, such as above. I don't think I am asking for a whole lot, don't make it more than what it is.

I hope that clears up any misconceptions,
Charlie
  by waldwickrailfan

According to an NS employee, NYSW 3810 is on an NS train and left Kentucky Friday Afternoon, this employee is very reliable and has never made something up.
  by Sid Farkus

waldwickrailfan wrote:According to an NS employee, NYSW 3810 is on an NS train and left Kentucky Friday Afternoon, this employee is very reliable and has never made something up.
By you saying "As of this afternoon it is on an NS train and left yesterday afternoon, not sure if this is true though..." just proves the reliability of your source. Personally, I feel like unless you work for the railroad company that is involved in any discussion, then you have NO BUSINESS spreading information about the logistics of the company. I think this forum is very fortunate to have a someone with the company, and is willing to share information here that would interest railfans.
  by waldwickrailfan

Sid Farkus wrote:
waldwickrailfan wrote:According to an NS employee, NYSW 3810 is on an NS train and left Kentucky Friday Afternoon, this employee is very reliable and has never made something up.
By you saying "As of this afternoon it is on an NS train and left yesterday afternoon, not sure if this is true though..." just proves the reliability of your source. Personally, I feel like unless you work for the railroad company that is involved in any discussion, then you have NO BUSINESS spreading information about the logistics of the company. I think this forum is very fortunate to have a someone with the company, and is willing to share information here that would interest railfans.

RR.net is the home to many rumors and fact. The one you stated is true, but mine didd'nt give me a train number or how it's supposed to get up here (NJ). Therefore should the source be unreliable? Even though this employee almost never makes things up, this employee never told me the train number or if it's going up to Little Ferry or Syracuse. You can decide whether i'm right or wrong.

I also find it that about half the people on this forum hate me from the start for no particular reason. I would like to know why.
  by Sid Farkus

Please be aware that I have no issue with you. What I do have an issue with is railfans just making speculations (most of the time ridiculously wild) or spreading false information on these forums. Especially, those that start getting involved with company business. I always think it's best to just leave the facts to the professionals. Railfans just need to be patient. By you claiming that your source is reliable, then quickly stating that you don't know if the statement from your source is "not sure if it is true though" is completely oxy-moronic.
  by waldwickrailfan

Sid Farkus wrote:Please be aware that I have no issue with you. What I do have an issue with is railfans just making speculations (most of the time ridiculously wild) or spreading false information on these forums. Especially, those that start getting involved with company business. I always think it's best to just leave the facts to the professionals. Railfans just need to be patient. By you claiming that your source is reliable, then quickly stating that you don't know if the statement from your source is "not sure if it is true though" is completely oxy-moronic.
your not one of the people that I have an issue with. There are a few (not mentioning names) that do. Also you are completly right, when I wrote that, I was thinking about the 2 times this employee lied to me. However because King stated that it should ship on Friday it sounded true. We all will find out soon enough when the SD60's arrive. I have been patient and know the railroad doesn't run for the railfans. I will wait as long as it takes for these SD60's to arrive. However being a railfan, I hope for them to come soon, but I have patience.
  by Alek9997

Sid Farkus wrote:Please be aware that I have no issue with you. What I do have an issue with is railfans just making speculations (most of the time ridiculously wild) or spreading false information on these forums. Especially, those that start getting involved with company business. I always think it's best to just leave the facts to the professionals. Railfans just need to be patient. By you claiming that your source is reliable, then quickly stating that you don't know if the statement from your source is "not sure if it is true though" is completely oxy-moronic.
TRUE THAT!

Alek S
  by lvrr325

Why am I seeing this lame, off topic argument? Rumors are a fact of life on a discussion board. Don't like it, don't participate in it. End of story. You can probably confirm shipment of the unit if NS still has a hotline or website for tracking your shipment; just call/go to it and put in the reporting marks and number - if it has a tag on it, it should come up.
  by charlie6017

Listen...........I am going to say this for the last time.

Knock off the off-topic garbage, or at least PM each other behind the scenes so the rest of us don't
have to deal with the drama. If it continues, I will lock this thread and that will be it.

Waldwick, do us and yourself a favor. If you do have information, try to dig for more substance, such as
a train symbol or something to add to the info before you post, and really, that goes for everyone here.
This way, it brings something more to the table.

Let's try to act like adults here, we're all better than that.

Questions? Feel free to PM me.

Charlie
  by waldwickrailfan

How long does it take for a train to get from Kentucky to NJ on average?