• NYSW to own CEFX leasors

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by thebigham

Beautiful!
  by fredrick

NYSW3022 wrote:It's certainly shiny.
i would have to agree.
  by Steve F45

WOW, just beautifull. I like how they went back to the original style numbers and not just plain numbers on the cab sides and numberboards.

Looks like i'll have to add back the winterization hatch. Also which of the oakway units was this prior?
  by garybtt

She sure is pretty, time to paint a model.
  by D.Carleton

D.Carleton wrote:Quick question: Will they keep the winterization hatches on the SD60's?
So in at least one case the answer is "yes."
  by sportsguy

Steve F45 wrote:WOW, just beautifull. I like how they went back to the original style numbers and not just plain numbers on the cab sides and numberboards.

Looks like i'll have to add back the winterization hatch. Also which of the oakway units was this prior?
Well Kingfish wrote this saying:
kingfish wrote:(March 28, 2012)
Scot,
9094 is closest to completion and is scheduled for the paint booth this week..
So my guess would be 9094.
  by ns3010

scottychaos wrote:More photos from "kingfish"..
and the first photos of a new yellowjacket! woo hoo! Image
kingfish wrote:Folks,
A few photos from Paducah of the 3810 this morning. We are getting there.

Photos at "VMV Paducahbilt" shops, Paducah KY, April 14, 2012.
Thank for the pics King!
Scot
Absolutely stunning! Thanks for sharing!

For whatever reason, I especially like the bumblebee scheme on this unit. The tunnel motors are awesome as well, but it's just something about this unit, maybe just that it's new.
  by Steve F45

King, will the SD60's be releaed one by one or all 6 at once from Paducah?
  by kingfish

One by one.
  by Steve F45

any idea when 3810 might hit the rails for NJ or NY?
  by NYSW3022

middle of may.
  by waldwickrailfan

Steve F45 wrote:any idea when 3810 might hit the rails for NJ or NY?
As of yesterday morning: 3 weeks
  by Chrisgr

Thanks waldwickrailfan, most of us can't figure out for ourselves that middle of May is in 3 weeks.
  by NYSW3022

Chrisgr wrote:Thanks waldwickrailfan, most of us can't figure out for ourselves that middle of May is in 3 weeks.
Again, another one I would "like" if this was Facebook...
  by NYSW3022

By the way, when the first one hits the property (Be it 3810 or another number) look for one about every two weeks there after.