• Long Island Rail Road Discussion Forum

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by alchemist

Anybody know what happened to this one? Full url (lirr.thermomods.com) generates an error message and thermomods.com without the lirr redirects to www.trmullins.com.
  by No Door Light

Any further news when, and if the site is coming back up?
  by No Door Light

Thanks Steve, just signed up!
  by RGlueck

Officially, the Thermomods "Long Island Discussion Board" is dead, gone, kaput. The server has apparently failed and the costs to keep it going have jumped like the price of gasoline. Kyle has saved as much data, articles, and pictures for a future board, assuming one come along in the same format.
Thanks to all the positive voices that added to the board. It lasted longer than most and will be missed. Best wishes to Steve in his new attempt to maintain another board.
  by nyandw

I feel as RGlueck does. It had great info and plenty of ongoing topics of interest. The forum I requested trainboard start is not moderated by me, but I did get it going and they agreed to put LIRR on the main menu. Folks, just go over there and post links/photos etc. as befoer.
  by BobLI

i just tried the trainboard web site and got the following error.
The database has encountered a problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:
•Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
•Open the www.trainboard.com home page, then try to open another page.
•Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.trainboard.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.
  by nyandw

[quote="BobLI"]i just tried the trainboard web site and got the following error.
The database has encountered a problem.

Murphy's Law... The darn place has worked for years and now this? The site is huge. I'll let you all know when it is back up.
  by No Door Light

Tried it myself this morning and got the same thing. The computer gods are not smiling on us LIRR fans! Hopefully it will come back up soon.
  by MACTRAXX

RGlueck wrote:Officially, the Thermomods "Long Island Discussion Board" is dead, gone, kaput. The server has apparently failed and the costs to keep it going have jumped like the price of gasoline. Kyle has saved as much data, articles, and pictures for a future board, assuming one come along in the same format.
Thanks to all the positive voices that added to the board. It lasted longer than most and will be missed. Best wishes to Steve in his new attempt to maintain another board.
RG: Thanks for the update...

I also wondered what happened to the LIRR Thermomods Forum...

The Trainboard Forum should be a good start here and much of that older
information hopefully can be saved for this new forum section thanks to Kyle...

I felt that it was a good LIRR site and it will be missed...

MACTRAXX
  by nyandw

In setting this up with the Trainboard folks they sure wanted to do this also. I provided the info, but as the server has/had issues it may be moot. (I don't know, just a thought.)
  by Crabman1130

I went to join Trainboard, but the process was so annoying I just gave up.