• PATH Employment looking for info

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by carman030

Looking for a little help. Took the entry level maintenance test with
PATH for the position of General Maintaner. Passed the test was called in for an interview. Got letter stating that i passed the interview the second week of June but nothing about how long till next part. Was wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to get to next part. I know its a physical exam because i guy i worked with just got hired with them and starts on July 11th. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks.
  by jbav1

Just wondering how you made out. I am scheduled for the Entry Level Maintainer test this week. Do you like the job?

by carman030

I was never called in for the medical after I passed the interview. They said the list I was put on was good for a year. Have not heard anything from them since.

by cifn2

you guys should really read around the forums. Some guys are still waiting on final paperwork. I understand now that the railroad can be a slow process, sometimes over a year to get fully on. Depending on the railroad. Just take a chill pill for awhile and relax. Or apply elsewhere.

by jbav1

I have a couple of friends that work for the LIRR and it took about a year before their hiring process was finalized. I am constantly applying for the LIRR in any capacity but have yet to hear back, I even have a Conductor friend submitting my resume periodically, I guess I have to be patient. The PATH (NY Port Authority) got back to me following a resume submittal for an Entry Level Maintenance position rather quickly, I head into Manhattan tomorrow for the test. Any insight to the test or the job would be quite helpful. Thanks.
  by jbav1

I took the Assistant Signalman test 2 weeks ago and got the call for an interview on the 26th. Funny they said we wouldn't hear for at least 4-6 weeks about our results. I never got the results. If anyone has experienced interviews for the NY Port Authority PATH any insight would help tremendously. Even any Assistant Signalman info in general would be cool. Anything in particular they look for, or don't look for? Thanks.