• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by MickD

Does anybody know the name of the book on
the trolley line that ran from Paterson to Suffern through
Fair Lawn,Glen Rock Ridgewood etc..??
  by ALCOGG1

Interurban Interlude. A History of the North Jersey Rapid Transit. by Cdr. EJ Quinby.

The book is out of print, but you can borrow a copy from the Glen Rock Library. If you are not close to Glen Rock use the BCCLS library system on the internet to see if there is a town closer with a copy or you can also use this system to have a copy sent to your local library . BCCLS is the Bergen Coopertive Library System, I do not know if other counties have this.

By the way you can hike or bike almost the whole right of way to this day from Fair Lawn to Suffern. It is also easy to follow the old right of way on BING maps with the detailed birds eye view.
  by Marty Feldner

"Interurban Interlude", by E. J. Quinby...

Available from online booksellers.
  by ALCOGG1

"Interurban Interlude", by Edwin J. Quinby. Can loan a copy from the Glen Rock Library. If Glen Rock far away try using your library internet site to see if you can borrow from yours or another library. Book has been out of print for a while. Can also find it at some internet book sellers at various prices and conditions. Right of way is still pretty much walkable from Fair lawn to Suffern . Easy to follow old line using BING maps and highly detailed birds eye view.
  by MickD

Thanks all..
I did remember the name of it later.My copy's here
but buried in with all the rest I have..The inquiry
came about because I'm from Glen Rock and on facebook
there's a page entitled "You Know Your From Glen Rock When". The
subject of the right of way came up along with folks
recollection of what kids of all classes used it for..
mini bikes etc.etc &...