• Pan Am Worcester Main Line

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by jamoldover

Those are used on CSX's ex-Pan Am territory west of Portland. Frequencies used on CSX's ex-Conrail lines in MA are different, and vary based on what line you're talking about.
  by jaymac

tMats and MrB et al.-
1 other take-along I recommend is CSX Transportation Eastern New York and New England Routes Timetable #3, available at oxfordjunction.com , where you'll see a name familiar from the preceding post -- Joshua Moldover.
Post-printing amendments for the Worcester Sub on p. 104 would be the addition of the WOR 10.6 detector at the E side of S. Meadow Road and deletion of the 18.2 detector in W. Boylston for relocation to its new location a bit E of Burncoat Street at WOR 21.2 on p. 106.
Depending on discretionary income, there's also the New England Railfan Atlas & Gazetteer 2024 Edition available from the same source.
  by rustyrails

Those two frequencies are for CSX ( formerly Pan Am ) line. Worcester to Ayer for us locally. But all along Rt 2 and all the way up to Keag ME.
  by tMats

thanks guys! what a resource we have in this group!
  by neman2

At about 09:00 today CSXT ?? at Clinton West got a Form D to operate in both directions WOR 1 to WOR 15 from D1.
A work train? As jaymac would say " I dunno."
  by newpylong

Supposedly testing crossings at 40 MPH.
  by F74265A

That would be roughly 25 mins clinton - harvard instead of the old 1.5 + hours in days of 10 mph mas
  by neman2

newpylong wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 2:21 pm Supposedly testing crossings at 40 MPH.
Yes, part of the Form D was that max allowed speed was 40
  by F74265A

Where precisely is mp wor 15? I’m not sure but assume it is around the Clinton siding

Also, heard a rumor that there was a train/vehicle collision at mill st Lancaster today
Last edited by F74265A on Wed May 01, 2024 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by jamoldover

You're forgetting that the mileage numbers have been reversed. WOR15 is just south of Waushacum Brook in Boylston (about a mile north of the Wachusett Reservoir causeway), so WOR1-WOR15 would be roughly Sterling Jct - Harvard.
  by F74265A

Ah yes- so the 40 will be most track north of the wachusett causeway where I recall they committed to Mwra 25 mph max even with class 3 track.
Last edited by MEC407 on Thu May 02, 2024 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: unnecessary quoting
  by newpylong

The whole thing will likely be 40 except the reservoir if they choose to keep it at 25.

I believe the test train hit a vehicle coming back north.
  by johnpbarlow

Given the test train hit a vehicle (Beemer I think) at Mill St Lancaster at about 23mph, I guess the 40mph grade crossing test was not deemed a success?