• Pan Am Trainmasters

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by Gronosaurus

Newpylong - your rhyme is right on the money. Also - got your e-mail but my reply isn't going through to you for some reason. I'm not the person you referred to, although that person did do the majority of my training with me. I definitely remember you and you left a month or so before I did. Good to make contact with you again!!! Benny
  by ProRail

What to Pan Am Trainsmasters and Area Managers do?

Several Answers...

1. Get crews out the door of the yard-office or trailer they report on duty at under an hour...
2. Be the one who always gets yelled at by the Upper Management
3. Take Blame if #1 does not happen
4. Expected to be the first on the scene at a derailment and magically have all the answers to what happened before he gets there
5. Get yelled at by Upper Management for #5
6. Ensure trains depart origin yards in their territory on time, with all the cars listed on the train sheet
7. Take the blame if #6 does not happen
8. Get yelled at by Upper Management for #6
9. Be on call 24/7 and be present on the Operations conference calls
10. Get yelled at by Upper Management on #9
11. Answer pages 24/7 by Upper Management and answer said questions not matter how mundane or stupid
12. Get yelled at by Upper Management if they don't get told what they want to hear in #11
13. Finally give up, realize the crap you put up with ain't worth it, go back into the rank & file, and return the favor on the next guy with the title

Basically - it is a thank-less job. I do not envy them.
It was worse when the guy from the MKT/UP was running the railroad, and of course when the elder Fink was in charge.

"Better railroading through yelling" was the motto back then.