• Pacemaker Green

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by NYC-BKO

Looking to model some P&LE diesels, anyone have a match, close match or formula for the Pacemaker Green used on these engines. Searched everywhere. Thanks in advance.

by NYC-BKO

Since it doesn't seem that anyone knows this off the top of their head, would anyone have a copy of the November 1991 Model Railroader it supposedly lists color matches for the P&LE. I can't seem to find my copy if I have it.

by tocfan

Jim Six is doing an NYC GP7 clinic on Yahoo Groups and he stated earlier this week that it was Pullman Green on the GP7's

Mike Fleming
Bartlett, Tn

by NYC_Dave

Here is the text of the Nov. 91 MR:
I'd like to model some early diesels of the Pittsburgh & Lake Erie. I lived along the P&LE main line in the late 1950s and early 1960s, and I remember seeing switchers and GP7s painted an olive drab color. Can you tell me what this color was and which model paint matches it? - Stanley W. Craig II, Knoxville, Ark.
The color on those locomotives was known as Pacemaker Green. After some experimenting, I came up with a Scalecoat mix that's close to the prototype paint chip: 3 parts no. 72 CN Green, 3 parts no. 15 Reefer Yellow, and 1 part no. 1 Loco Black. - J. S. W.

by Ramcat

Perhaps someone at the P&LE Historical Society;www.plerrhs.org, could give you some guidance.