• P&LE Commuter Train

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

by Otto Vondrak

Looking for information on P&LE's Pittsburgh commuter operation.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ottomatic77/5202091906/

I know this train came off in 1985 or so. Does anybody have any timetables from 1970-1985 they could share? Working on a project for publication, wouldn't mind adding them to my collection, either. Any leads appreciated...
  by Aa3rt

Otto, Somewhere in my "archives" I have a timetable, if you can call it that, that probably dates to the late 1960's. As I recall, (I haven't looked at it in some time.) it's simply a card, a little bigger than a business card with PC and P&LE logos and the schedule. I'll see if I can locate it and scan it for you.
  by Otto Vondrak

Aa3rt wrote:Otto, Somewhere in my "archives" I have a timetable, if you can call it that, that probably dates to the late 1960's. As I recall, (I haven't looked at it in some time.) it's simply a card, a little bigger than a business card with PC and P&LE logos and the schedule. I'll see if I can locate it and scan it for you.
That would be interesting to see! I just picked up a mid-1960s PLE schedule that I plan on scanning and putting on my flickr site. I think it is very interesting that the PLE commuter train hung in there for so long...

-otto-
  by Aa3rt

Well Otto, it's only taken me 4 and a half months, but I finally managed to find the P&LE schedule in my "archives". The schedule dates from Oct. 27, 1968. Incidentally it is printed on a card measuring 4 x 2.5 inches so it is easy to misplace.

by Otto Vondrak

Art, this is incredible! Thanks so much for sharing this! Probably he only time I have seen a PC/PLE timetable...