• NYSW Northern Division observation

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by njt4172

Got this on the NYSWYahoogroups.....

How come this new conntection at BD is being rushed into service? Someone on this board mentioned something about the NYSW leasing 2 lines north of Syracuse..I wonder if there is a chance of CN or something getting trackage rights down into nj..in my opinion this connection is for something more permanent than the summer detour trains..any thoughts?

Also can Walter build new yards along the tier if he wanted to even though hes leasing them..I still say Port Jervis would be a great place for an intermodal yard..or maybe some other type of yard
KS

by Lackawanna484

Port Jervis could be a good intermodal site.

There have been studies over the years looking at maybrook area, and at the Thruway / NY 17 area, which gives good access to the NY metro, lower New England, etc. Every few years NY announces a new project in the Stewart field / Maybrook area