• NYC 64 Seat Coach Interiors

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by holtlen

Anyone out there have interior color information for the NYC corrugated side coaches. I have 4 of the new Walthers cars, and just getting ready to do some interior detailing by painting seats and partitions, adding window shades, and some passengers. Len Holt-South Bend IN

by PatrickTrains

If you have access to a copy of The Official Pullman-Standard Library volume on the NYC you'll find two photos of the interior of these coaches on page 74. Unfortunately, the caption states that they don't have a description of the colors of the floor, wall, and seat materials. I'll check some other books I have to see if there's a better description or photo out there.

If I might venture a guess, I suspect that the interior colors mimicked other NYC passenger cars of this era as the Central was very aware of maintaining a family appearance in their fleet.