• NS train 202

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by northjerseybuff

What is this symbol I am hearing? new train? it is on the chemical coast as of 200pm Aug 14th Dispatcher working is Jay Z. lol
  by markyk

originates in Memphis, replaced 214 many months ago into Erail, very often runs the Port Reading Secondary then the Chemical Coast into Erail
  by northjerseybuff

thanks for the info mark!
  by SecaucusJunction

Has this train, or trains 211 and 212 gotten noticeably longer lately? NS claims that they year over year traffic on their "Crescent Corridor" is up 32%. I know the Crescent Corridor won't be nearly as big in NJ as it will in many other states, but I am just wondering if anything is growing in the NJ area right now
  by anti-hammie

SecaucusJunction wrote:Has this train, or trains 211 and 212 gotten noticeably longer lately? NS claims that they year over year traffic on their "Crescent Corridor" is up 32%. I know the Crescent Corridor won't be nearly as big in NJ as it will in many other states, but I am just wondering if anything is growing in the NJ area right now
Yes 211 has grown a bit gaining more Jacksonville/Miami traffic (despite the extra day it takes as opposed to the CSX routing). Another block that has grown somewhat was the KCS-Dallas block. The inbound freight on 212 has grown considerably also. 202/25R have pretty much stayed the same traffic wise.
  by blockline4180

Also saw the 20K yesterday and that train was a monster!! It wasn't as long in previous weeks, but maybe that intermodel is picking up too as I noticed a lot of interesting trucking co. trailers on it I don't normally see on the railroad.
  by SecaucusJunction

Yes, I believe "Premier Route" traffic was up 10% as well. Intermodal trains, in general, seem to be getting longer again recently.
  by wolfboy8171981

northjerseybuff wrote:What is this symbol I am hearing? new train? it is on the chemical coast as of 200pm Aug 14th Dispatcher working is Jay Z. lol
You need a better Scanner. Try Dispatcher J.D, not Jay Z, although we have some one that wishes he was..........
  by nick11a

NS 202 was around for a while during something like 2004-2006 if I recall correctly. Can anyone confirm?
  by anti-hammie

nick11a wrote:NS 202 was around for a while during something like 2004-2006 if I recall correctly. Can anyone confirm?
Prior to 202 it was 214. In early 01 it ran as 22J.
  by nick11a

anti-hammie wrote:
nick11a wrote:NS 202 was around for a while during something like 2004-2006 if I recall correctly. Can anyone confirm?
Prior to 202 it was 214. In early 01 it ran as 22J.
I swear there was an NS 202 in addition to NS 214 years back.... and it usually took the PR Secondary as well.