• NS Heritage PRR #8102 on the LV

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by NY&LB

SteveF45: I have downloaded the app for my i-phone, Looks like it's not available for Andriod users yet. From July 2nd: "NORFOLK, VA - Norfolk Southern Corporation (NYSE: NSC) has released an upgrade to its mobile app featuring the ability to track and report sightings of the company’s 30th anniversary heritage locomotive fleet and to report safety issues to company police.

The latest version of the NS Corp app originally released last August now is available for iPhone, with a version for Droid phones to be available later. New buttons “Heritage” and “Protect NS” enhance the connection between users and the railroad.

“Heritage” gives users the ability to see where the NS heritage locomotives have been spotted and to report and post photographs of new sightings. To help celebrate its 30th anniversary this year, NS painted 20 new locomotives in the color schemes of some of its most prominent railroad predecessors. Release of the app upgrade coincides with a display of all 20 heritage locomotives July 3 and 4 at the North Carolina Transportation Museum at Spencer, N.C., after which the locomotives will return to freight service. "

Great pix and vidio here http://www.nscorp.com/nscportal/nscorp/ ... #&panel1-1