• NS H-02 - sightings and reports

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Matt3010

H02 apparently never went to Totowa this week, as per a friend of mine who live adjacent to the tracks and always hears it.

Whats going on?
  by NYS&W142Fan

Matt3010 wrote:H02 apparently never went to Totowa this week, as per a friend of mine who live adjacent to the tracks and always hears it.

Whats going on?
Per a friend of mine, On Sunday's NS consist report, there were 6 cars for Royal Foods, so I would have thought they would have run!
  by blockline4180

Atleast 17 cars are still sitting in Washington yard as of Friday night. I have no idea whats going on or H02 has not run all week. Anyone know why??
  by blockline4180

riffian wrote:It appears the M&E "empire" has taken another serious hit. How much traffic will remain on the rump Morristown and Erie?
1. REG (Renewable Resources?) in Cedar Knolls
2. Anderol Oil lubricants East Hanover
3. GIvaudan East Hanover. - very sporadic
4. B&G foods Roseland
5. Tank car storage

That is it..
Some say they can interchange with this new Rockaway River Company at Lake Junction, but they probably have a better connection (options) with CSX on the Center Street Branch in Kearny.. Things will get very interesting after July 1.
  by NYS&W142Fan

blockline4180 wrote: 1. REG (Renewable Resources?) in Cedar Knolls
2. Anderol Oil lubricants East Hanover
3. GIvaudan East Hanover. - very sporadic
4. B&G foods Roseland
5. Tank car storage

That is it..
Some say they can interchange with this new Rockaway River Company at Lake Junction, but they probably have a better connection (options) with CSX on the Center Street Branch in Kearny.. Things will get very interesting after July 1.
First where will they put all their "junk" that is stored on the various lines now? Lake Junction has equipment there, they will have to move/remove so there is room for interchange storage.
Second, the Whippany line has equipment stored all over.
And third, where are they going to find room for Tank car storage once all the equipment has been moved from the Morris County lines and how will the County/Towns/Business/Residents feel about tank cars in their back yards if they use the Whippany line? I don't know where else they can store.
  by blockline4180

Have no idea where they will put the "junk". They have tank cars all over the place on the Whippany Line now.. Apparently they are finding room as they moved several out off the High Bridge.. How? Your guess is aa good as mine. And the "Junk" can always be scrapped on site if need be.
  by blockline4180

Anyone know what is going in with H02?? I don't think it ran at all last week, at least not on NJT.
Also there are at least 15-20 cars sitting in Washington yard and I believe they have been there since Tuesday.. Have not heard H65 come into town since at least Wednesday. The customers must be ecstatic!! 😕 :(
  by Joseph DeLuisi

M&E doesn't serve Joyce Moldings plastic plant in Rockaway anymore?
  by pdtrains

Without BASF, I imagine H65 is down to once or twice a week. Chatter was that H02 might run to Allentown twice a week, and H65 abolished
  by NYS&W142Fan

I heard today the H-74 is taking about 18 cars to Washington with 8 of them being Tanks for the M&E and cars fro Royal Foods.
  by blockline4180

Yeah, i heard them come in. They dropped off their cars and highballed out of town and headed back to Allentown.. About 30+ cars in the yard.
  by blockline4180

pdtrains wrote:Without BASF, I imagine H65 is down to once or twice a week. Chatter was that H02 might run to Allentown twice a week, and H65 abolished

Well not if that new shortline takes over the traffic. Reliable sources say it will be sometime 3rd of 4th quarter and get their cars in Hudson Yard.
  by Matt3010

pdtrains wrote:Without BASF, I imagine H65 is down to once or twice a week. Chatter was that H02 might run to Allentown twice a week, and H65 abolished
With H02 becoming a memory soon, I honestly don't see that happening. Although, I have seen weirder things happen...
  by pdtrains

Oh Jeez. I mean from now till the shortline takeover. Obviously there will be no H02 after someone else is taking over the local freight biz.