• NO TRAINS ON THE SYRACUSE BRANCH, THIS WEEKEND?

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by amoreho1

there haven't been any trains since friday any one know why?
Last edited by amoreho1 on Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hi

by thebigham

Where?

New Jersey?

Central New York line?

Syracuse Branch?

Chris

by amoreho1

syracuse branch. not even csx!!!
(I 'm in homer n.y. north of cortland)

by Steve F45

the 99 left friday evening and would've been up that way on saturday.

by ANDY117

Not Homer. 99 terminates in Binghamton, where it yards its train. Then a SY train will bring cars down, or a SY crew will tadown, make their pickup, and go north with their cars.

by amoreho1

99 what? trains or cars? when?

by mainetrain

SU99 departs Ridgefield Park destination Binghampton (I believe)
SU100 is the return train to RP

Supposedly these run 3 times a week, mostly nightly

by blockline4180

This is kind of off topic, but if anyone cares NS brought a train down from Binghamton over the Tier this past weekend. Was symboled the 33Z! Probably only a one shot deal!

by ANDY117

NO P IN BINGHAMTON!!!!

I think the 33Z sounds like a detour. I didn't read anything about it on the local railfan list.

by blockline4180

ANDY117 wrote:NO P IN BINGHAMTON!!!!

I think the 33Z sounds like a detour. I didn't read anything about it on the local railfan list.

Detour eah? Was there are problem on the R&N or the CP main south of Conklin>?

by mainetrain

Andy,
Sorry for that spelling error. I think you were short 1 exclamation point, too!!!

by ANDY117

!

Thought I forgot something...

Anyways, I haven't heard anything about NS running a dedicated train on the entire tier, and I know that the North end of the D&H is tied up, after 165 put a dozen on the ground. That caused the 31T to go to Buffalo via the tier. I think the 33Z just got sent down the tier because of a problem somewhere else.