• Nickel Plate 765 Buffalo-Corning Aug. 1-2, 2015

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by ScotCP356

This morning Norfolk Southern revealed the 2015 21st Century Steam Excursions schedule! NKP 765 will be doing excursions run between Buffalo NY & Corning NY on the NS Southern Tier. Mark down the dates: August 1st & August 2nd 2015.

Unknown are the times for the excursions. But meanwhile, if you want to ride the train, get your tickets by May 16th, 2015

Here is the website for NKP 765 & the schedule. Along with getting tickets to the train:

https://fortwaynerailroad.org/events-and-excursions/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

With that saying, let the countdown begin!!

- Scottie
  by lvrr325

There's also going to be a couple of Scranton to Binghamton trip weekends, one in August, one in September for 100th anniversary of the Nicholson bridge.
  by judgesmails

Thanks for sharing this information. It doesn't look like ticket prices are posted yet. Just wondering if anyone has a ballpark guess as to what a ticket might cost? Thanks!
  by nessman

judgesmails wrote:Thanks for sharing this information. It doesn't look like ticket prices are posted yet. Just wondering if anyone has a ballpark guess as to what a ticket might cost? Thanks!
My guess will be at least $100/ticket.
  by sallenparks

I cant wait 765 was the first big steam I saw back when I was a kid and she was on the tier. going to be so much fun come on August. :-D :-) :P :wink:
  by ScotCP356

SST wrote:Are they going to run a diesel behind it? I checked some of their videos which show some with a diesel and some without.
It's going to be 50/50% chance of it happening or not happening. But if they will have a diesel behind the 765, most likely it would be a heritage unit and if that happens, it most likely be NS 8100 (NKP), NS 1068 (Eire) or NS 1074 (DLW) to do the duties.

-Scottie
  by rwk

How about the CNJ and LV units for the Allentown to Pittston excursions? And the DL&W unit for the Scranton-Binghamton? It's possible there won't be any diesel at all.
  by ScotCP356

Well as the summer goes on this thread will get little bit busier but in the mean time, Tickets for the trip on the Southern Tier will go on Sale on JUNE 1ST, 2015 @ 9:00 AM EDT. All other information about the trip will SOON be posted!

If you want to see other schedule trips for the Nickel Plate Road 765 or any other additional information please go to this site: https://fortwaynerailroad.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-Scott
  by judgesmails

Tickets are now available (as of 9AM on June 1). The ticket-buying process was effortless - good job on the part of the Fort Wayne Railroad organization!

As always, thanks to the other members of this board who provided such useful information.
  by ScotCP356

judgesmails wrote:Tickets are now available (as of 9AM on June 1). The ticket-buying process was effortless - good job on the part of the Fort Wayne Railroad organization!

As always, thanks to the other members of this board who provided such useful information.
Yes indeed, they also named the excursion to the Eire Limited! Cool!! It also looks like the train is departing Buffalo @ 07:30 am at the 100 Bison Parkway, Cheektowaga, New York. Unless that's when you have to be there to get on board. That means for me, I have to get down to the Tier mighty early!! But I'll figure it out before August 1st!

-Scott
  by terminalfanatic

Last time I checked the dome car was sold out. I just checked now and the "online sales are currently paused". Good thing I bought my tickets a few hours ago.
  by BR&P

Yes indeed, they also named the excursion to the Eire Limited! Cool!!
So it's got an Irish there? Or did you perhaps mean "Erie"? :wink: