• New Track Being Installed???

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by zablocki22

I was travelling home on the bus today and as it was headed west on 495 over the CSX Northern branch and the NYSW track (old Susquehanna transfer), I could see a second NYSW track being laid out.

Anyone know what the actual project is??? Just curious.

Thanks,
Vincent

by Dougster

I'm not sure but it may have to do with the new trash transfer facility they built just north of 495. Storage of cars or to facilitate switching. I have not seen the track myself but I will take a look next time I'm in that area.

Doug

by Steve F45

That facility has been open for a few weeks. Tracks laid and beeing used. I haven't seen anymore tracks beeing laid, maybe its for more storage.