• New Locals,Miami Subdivision

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by 262

Heard BA dispatcher calling O917 tuesday,was unable to catch it.Caught O920 at the Little Yard at Dania on thursday.Dispatcher was worried that O920 would not be able to pick up 18 cars at Dania,the yard was full.O722 was waiting at Sheridan,unable to work at Dania till space was made.O920 appeared to be an outlawed,or stopped short of Hialeah Conrad Yelvington rock train.O920 with the 18 that turned out to be 22 cars,was 80 + cars pulled by one locomotive into Hialeah.

etc

by Noel Weaver

Above is all the more reason why Tri-Rail should take over the full
operation, dispatching and maintenance of this important passenger
corridor.
CSX is making no effort to operate this line in a proper manner.
I wonder how many passenger trains took a hit on this one.
Noel Weaver

by 262

Dust is really flying at Little Yard at Dania.The Fort Lauderdale Yard has been vacant for the last three weeks,I guess that accounts for the congestion at the Little Yard.Bridge piers are rising on the south bank of the New River.West track side,north side of State Rd. 84 is full of staged pre-cast concrete.Local crews have been asking to use something called the dead track.Today trucks where being loaded with fresh cut rail sections,(I guess thats the end of the dead track).Concrete and old wooden crossties everywhere.
Last edited by 262 on Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by crazy_nip

im sure the 5 tri-rail customers affected by this were really upset...

by 262

It would not affect too many commuters today as service was suspended,due to tropical storm Rita.I crossed the Davie Blvd. overpass about 1:30 PM.The New River Draw Span was in the down position.Usually left up for marine traffic.I know the roadway bridges are locked down as storm approaches,don't know CSX policy.