• Need NS freq's Easton-pburg area, and other questions

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by pdtrains

I'm hoping to take some pix of NS trains on the Washington line, Beldel, and B&P during next 2 weeks.

1. What freq's does NS use on these lines? Also the EOT freq, if anyone happens to have it.

2. is NS running thru to Slateford jct yet, or is the OOS bridge going to be fixed right after the Lackawanna cutoff is restored?

thx
  by NYS&W142Fan

pdtrains,
I use 160.800 for NS. This should cover all lines you are looking for. I do not know the freq for the FRED's.

May I ask what OOS bridge are you talking about? The only bridge I heard about is the one on the DL near Scranton and as I understand that is being repaired. As of Friday in talking to the NS Crew of H-76, they were running North to Slateford and nothing was said about a bridge. There is however, track work going on the Portland Secondary.
  by blockline4180

NYS&W142Fan wrote:
May I ask what OOS bridge are you talking about? The only bridge I heard about is the one on the DL near Scranton and as I understand that is being repaired. As of Friday in talking to the NS Crew of H-76, they were running North to Slateford and nothing was said about a bridge. There is however, track work going on the Portland Secondary.
I think he is talking about Bell's Bridge, which I believe is just west of Rock Tenn.
  by NYS&W142Fan

Blockline,
Where is Bell's Bridge? Can you give me a street name that it is near? I'm not familiar with Rock Tenn.

Thanks!
  by Chrisgr

Rock Tenn is the paper company right below to the right of Route 80 heading west. I think that might be East Stroudsburg. The bridge is underneath Route 80.