The station is at Westport, looking north. The track through the tunnels (there were two)and beyond to the B&O's South Baltimore Branch, was single tracked in 1935. This was primarily to give a wider clearance in the tunnels in order to permit B&O specials to Annapolis. The specials to Army- Navy games (Annapolis to Philadelphia) were the big ones. Also for a brief period in 1935 and 1936, specials to Bowie Racetrack, when operated by the B&O, operated through the tunnels.
From 1935 to 1950, B&A passenger trains continued on, with a connecting track to the B&O's South Baltimore Branch called Carrolls Jct, and then used the south siding of the B&O main, crossing over to the north side near Camden Station. This ended in February, 1950 when replaced by buses, with only B&A freight service remaining, which always interchanged with the B&O at Cliffords (actually at Baltimore Highlands on the B&A).
Prior to the end of the WB&A, this portion at Westport was double tracked, with no connection to the B&O at Carrolls Jct. The tunnel clearance was very tight, in fact, even some WB&A trailers were too wide. Prior to 1935, specials for Annapolis from both the B&O and PRR, used the WB&A's South Shore Division from Annapolis Jct and Odenton respectively, which when abandoned in 1935, required the modification at Westport and the building of the connecting track at Carrolls Jct.
The short siding off of the southbound track at Westrport was primarly used for M of W equipment when serving the tunnels.