• Nars Training

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by corey4u2

Iwas wonder does anyone know anything about
Johnson Community College In Kansas
Is It legit I was thinking about going
Ireside In Chicago so I would have to relocate there
or does anyone no of a place closer with semilar training.
  by jg greenwood

corey4u2 wrote:Iwas wonder does anyone know anything about
Johnson Community College In Kansas
Is It legit I was thinking about going
Ireside In Chicago so I would have to relocate there
or does anyone no of a place closer with semilar training.
It's very "legit." They're associated with the BNSF, better training would be difficult to find.

by cifn2

Its the closest you can find, it is only the 5-6 weeks for conductor training, it is legit. Just request the things from the website. I just got mine last week or so. The program is costly, I am thinking about doing the home/Computer Based Training Version that is going to be available soon. Since there is no possible way that I can go out there and lose my salary.

http://www.railroadtraining.com/
  by jbav1

I too would like to take the NARS Training but I am waiting for the online/computer based training to become available. It would be tough for me to leave my job now (albeit not my career) for 5-6 weeks. Has anyone heard when this training will become available? I have not heard back from my requests on the website yet.

by cifn2

it said in the future, they haven't released a date, I believe the site said by the end of the year, or I read that someplace.