• Motive Power update

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by airman00

Well if I did my math right, suzy-Q #206 alco s-2 was on the roster for close to 45 years. Built in 1942 and retired in 1985/1986? = 43/44 years? Don't know exact date of #206 leaving NYSW roster, thought it could've been 1988-89? In any event that one engine comes close to the GP-18's in years on the roster. And at least she still lives right next to home rails. And who knows? maybe one day she'll run again? :-)
  by Sid Farkus

252 was scrapped in 1988 if that helps.
  by rob216

The GP-18s have finally arrived to the East Penn Railroad May 5 around 17:30, safe and sound. All of us here are happy to have them and cant wait to get them into service. Here is a picture of them finally coming to their new home.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by Steve F45

Take care of them. Maybe give them a fresh coat of black and yellow!!!
  by blockline4180

Steve F45 wrote:Take care of them. Maybe give them a fresh coat of black and yellow!!!
I doubt they will keep them in the yellowjacket paint, but perhaps they can keep the numbers the same!
  by ShortlinesUSA

My bet is they'll stay in NYSW colors for some time. From what I have heard, they need the motive power now, and East Penn (though now under new ownership) has typically been very slow to paint newly acquired locomotives over the years, if at all. Paint condition looks pretty good on those, so no big need to spend the money on a paint job, either. Maybe Robert can confirm these thoughts?
  by rob216

The numbers will stay the same on them. From what I have heard, but really not sure, the black will become the dark blue and the yellow will stay the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_1CTbLLzng
  by riffian

3040 reported to be the last four axle unit on the roster. What happened to 3042 and 2300??
  by Leo_Ames

I thought they sold their SD70M's several years ago?
  by charlie6017

They were used on the IORY(?) for quite awhile but still were property of NYSW. They went from there to the FEC where they didn't do a whole lot, and last I knew they are in Massachusetts.

I'm not sure anymore what their ownership status is........someone more "in-the-know" can fill in the details, I'm sure.

Charlie
  by thebigham

The SD70s are on the New England Central. One has been in use. Check NERail for photos.

I thing the NYS&W still owns them.
  by Steve F45

they were supposedly coming back to the NYSW by summer as what i read the lease was up.
  by Leo_Ames

Sorry, I was thinking of the B40-8's that they sold off that are now on the Providence and Worcester.