• Motive Power update

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by lvrr325

I'd suspect the fastest way of getting some kind of test for cost analysis would be to borrow a CSX road slug set. They're only 4-axle units, but they'd be able to generate some real figures in actual NYS&W use without having to modify anything. CSX must like them, they apparently bought a couple of GP30 carcasses from the Ohio Central to build two more.
  by RSD15

[quote="kingfish"]The 2304 should be coming out of UT early next week and interchanging to CSX for delivery to NYSW/SYR. Then it goes to NS/Bing and then to the new owner.

I understand the new colour scheme is black. Don't know for sure as I have not seen it in person.

the 2304 should be picked up today fri 1/9.selkirk first then back to syracuse.
  by Trainmanal4243

Attached is picture of 2304 in Utica. It is being shipped as NYSW 2304 covering the LRWY markings. 2302 is being painted in Binghamton to ship next week to Sayre

Al G
  by rcbsd45

Unit arrived in Selkirk Friday Jan 9. No word on when its scheduled to depart and how its going to get to where its gotta go.
  by ANDY117

Did you get photos, Ralph?
  by Alcoman

Note the passenger car or Budd Car in the left side of the photo.. It appears to a NYSW paint job on it.
  by scottychaos

Alcoman wrote:Note the passenger car or Budd Car in the left side of the photo.. It appears to a NYSW paint job on it.
Looks like one of the remaining NYSW RDC's that hasnt been sold yet..
which would be number M6 or M8.

Scot
  by kingfish

RSD15 wrote:
kingfish wrote:The 2304 should be coming out of UT early next week and interchanging to CSX for delivery to NYSW/SYR. Then it goes to NS/Bing and then to the new owner.

I understand the new colour scheme is black. Don't know for sure as I have not seen it in person.

the 2304 should be picked up today fri 1/9.selkirk first then back to syracuse.

2304 is lost somewhere between Utica-Selkirk-Syracuse on the CSX. Wonder why we have waybills anymore...
  by kingfish

Trainmanal4243 wrote:George,

It has been a long time since Bob C died. As I think about it about a dozen of the Adirondack Scenic original members have died in the past 10 years. I am working with Ron D to sell four FL9s (parts units) and a F7 complete which we are not using on the Adirondack. I have seen the 2304 in its black paint and limited markings.
Al,

PM me a contact phone number for you. I have someone who may be interested in purchasing your excess power.

George

PS, nice photo of 2304. 2302 is painted as of today as information. To anyone interested it will be moved out of BH shop on Monday 1/12 forinterchange to NSRR.
  by scottychaos

kingfish wrote:
Trainmanal4243 wrote:
PS, nice photo of 2304. 2302 is painted as of today as information. To anyone interested it will be moved out of BH shop on Monday 1/12 forinterchange to NSRR.
BH shop?
interchange to NS?

I would interpret that as Bath & Hammondsport shop, Cochocton, NY, to interchange with NS at Gang Mills..
but it seems unlikely the unit would go there..unless 2302 was in Binghamton, not Utica, before being sold..

Kingfish,
what is this BH shop of which you speak?
do you mean B&H in Cohocton?

thanks,
Scot
  by ANDY117

BH is Binghamton. Hence the train symbols of BH-1, BH-X, etc. (Anyone else remember the days when there were the BH-2, 3, and 4 as well?)

The unit will probably head to Gang Mills on NS H88, then get sent to Sayre on the H13(?).

Why is it that whenever I go on vacation tp Phoenix, something radical happens? First trip, 2242 got knocked down, next trip was the flood of '06, and now, there's a new railroad starting up. I gotta quit vacationing out here! I'm missing out on a lot! :wink:
  by scottychaos

ANDY117 wrote:BH is Binghamton. Hence the train symbols of BH-1, BH-X, etc. (Anyone else remember the days when there were the BH-2, 3, and 4 as well?)

The unit will probably head to Gang Mills on NS H88, then get sent to Sayre on the H13(?).

Why is it that whenever I go on vacation tp Phoenix, something radical happens? First trip, 2242 got knocked down, next trip was the flood of '06, and now, there's a new railroad starting up. I gotta quit vacationing out here! I'm missing out on a lot! :wink:
ah! thanks Andy..I have never heard "BH" in relation to Binghamton before..makes sense now! ;)

Scot
  by lvrr325

Bath & Hammondsport doesn't have a shop, their units see major work either on the WNY&P or LA&L.
  by scottychaos

lvrr325 wrote:Bath & Hammondsport doesn't have a shop, their units see major work either on the WNY&P or LA&L.
yes they do..B&H Cohocton shop..
work on the 6-axle Alcos and MLW's is done there.

When Susquehanna sold the Eight Cartier engines to LAL, they all went to the B&H Cohocton shop,
(the same place they were all stored before they went to the Susquehanna!)
and they are being worked on there, turned out of the shop when work is complete, then sent over to the WNY&P.

Scot
  by ANDY117

A friend spotted that LRWY 2304 arriving in Binghamton a couple days ago. Anyone seen them since?